News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Michigan Mayhem

Started by max and kate, July 01, 2008, 10:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

max and kate

I just started this thread for all those off topic crazy posts that seem to go off topic. Now you have a thread where you can sound off, enjoy. ;D ::) ;)
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

nliedel

Stop reminding me how close we're getting. I'm not ready!!!!!

The cast will be marching in the Fenton Fourth of July Parade on Friday. If you're close, cheer us on.

Ther'ye going to duct tape my mouth to peace tie me. :)
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

max and kate

Would be fun to watch but I'll have to see if the doctor will allow me to ride in a car by then.
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Margaret

I quite like 'no topic, thread jacking' threads.  We have one over on the Wenches Board and I think I really got to know people better because of that thread.

It's more like a conversation - know what I mean?

Anyway, I am going to be out of here for a few days come the 4th.  I'm heading up to the UP to visit my family.  Yay!!
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Margaret on July 01, 2008, 02:32:55 PM
I quite like 'no topic, thread jacking' threads.  We have one over on the Wenches Board and I think I really got to know people better because of that thread.

It's more like a conversation - know what I mean?

Anyway, I am going to be out of here for a few days come the 4th.  I'm heading up to the UP to visit my family.  Yay!!

Make sure you wave to the Island as you cross the Bridge!!!  If we see ya, we'll wave back!

pineridge

Is this the place for those of us who reply with 'slightly off topic' but witty banter or guilty of partial hijacking of threads? (Partial hijacking is like stealing the luggage carrier at the airport!   ;D
two words,,, therapy.

max and kate

You could not have said it better ;D
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lord Pumpernickel

Why do I see myself posting here often?

nliedel

I like off topic mayhem threads too, just for the reason Margaret said. It's fun, and a good way to make friends. Plus how much more can be said about the other argument? It's getting cyclical.

When I go to the sight I get lost and confused. I thought I knew it inside and out. Know why? There's grass and weeds and things. They will all be gone soon, but man, it's like a jungle out there.

Black Armor

Quote from: nliedel on July 02, 2008, 04:43:37 AM
When I go to the sight I get lost and confused. I thought I knew it inside and out. Know why? There's grass and weeds and things. They will all be gone soon, but man, it's like a jungle out there.

How about taking a few photos of the grounds as they look when they're vacant and posting them so the rest of us can see what they look like?  That would be cool.

Pipere

I like off topic mayhem threads too, just for the reason Margaret said. It's fun, and a good way to make friends. Plus how much more can be said about the other argument? It's getting cyclical.

Last year there was a dead woodchuck/muskrat right near where we practiced... added to the ambiance really. Boys had fun poking it with sticks.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Margaret

Quote from: Black Armor on July 02, 2008, 09:32:43 AM

How about taking a few photos of the grounds as they look when they're vacant and posting them so the rest of us can see what they look like?  That would be cool.

As nliedel said - it's a bit odd.  The shire looks like a sad and abandoned town.  It looks alot smaller and *dimmer* (if that makes any sense) without the hulla baloo of the faire going on.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

nliedel

Quote from: Black Armor on July 02, 2008, 09:32:43 AM

Cool, but it would also take away a smidge of the magic, methinks. So nope, I'm not gonna do it.

Did *I* just say no? I never say no. Must be having kids. I'm growing a backbone!

pineridge

When I shot for the festival in 2005 I went out onsite in July to scout around and snapped a few wide shots of the abandoned shire. That was my very first time onsite and very first time at a festival. First impressions were how sad and run down is this place, and how am I going to get anything good for the faire. Let me tell you, first weekend of the festival we walked onsite and I looked at my wife & said Alright, what happened to the sad little place that was here earlier? You realize, the site by itself is nothing really. It was the people who made the experience what it was and is. You people make the faire what it is, cast and playtrons and the general public included. So to post a few shots of the faire unattended would do an injustice IMHO.

Cheers!
two words,,, therapy.

darkranger

43 days , but whos counting   ::)
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP