News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Having fun with co-workers

Started by Francisco Paula, July 01, 2008, 12:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

So since faire started my co-workers have been bugging me every monday to see the pictures i took. I keep telling them they have to go but none have as of yet. So since they won't come to the faire i brought the faire to them and have been playing alot of the cd's i have purchased this year. I did enjoy blasting the Celtic Legacy cd and was getting a kick as people walked by the print shop looking in seeing what is going on.

Well you all have a great time this weekend.

Francisco Paula, Portuguese Pirate for hire......I do windows

Demetrius

I thought you meant co-workers at faire... so I was going to mention...

At the end of the day on the first weekend, I hand the display nachos back to the newbies in the kitchen and ask them to explain why the cheese is so cold.

I love the look on their faces.   ;D
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

I should start quoting the Ded Bob show when I'm at work.  That would really freak out my coworkers.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

Okay do we want to hijack this thread and talk about tormenting co-workers?

One resturant i worked at when we got a new person in the kitchen we would set up to have our huge steam jacket kettle to blow off steam which normall sounded like a jet engine with steam going everywhere. When this would happen the whole kitchen crew would run like bats out of hell for the back door. At this point the new person would do one of two things....stand there looking like an idiot.....or follow us out....now if he followed us out than we would have an argument on who was going to be the person to go turn it off. We got pretty bad sometimes even had a manager in on it a couple times.

Francisco Paula Portuguese Pirate for hire.........I do bachelorette parties

Tanda

Quote from: pirate_zoe on July 01, 2008, 11:08:04 PM
I should start quoting the Ded Bob show when I'm at work.  That would really freak out my coworkers.

"I've been Bobmotized"

I wonder what would happen if I starting trying to "pre-tear" the tickets we sell for Faire....
Or starting buggy jousting in the parking lot...
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Genta

Quote from: pirate_zoe on July 01, 2008, 11:08:04 PM

talk like a pirate day was fun at my other job....

"hey gene can you help us wi"

"ARRRRRR"

"um.... we've got this pro"

"ARRRRRR"

"look if you dont help us out..."

"ARRRG lassie give me five minutes and a gallon o' rum and ill fix yer ship right up"

"what is wrong with you"

"well a gallon of rum probably is cheaper than a gallon of gas, and its speak like a pirate day arrrr! ill be right over."
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

Mischief Snicklebritches

the majority of my co-workers love the faire as much as I do. lol. we talk about faire all day anyway.
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Aislynn

Quote from: Lady Remi on July 02, 2008, 12:59:04 AM
the majority of my co-workers love the faire as much as I do. lol. we talk about faire all day anyway.

Mine don't, but I tend to talk about faire all day anyway. ;)

Blushing

Now I have a bunch of people asking about faire ... and some even asking if I'll come to work in garb.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Demetrius

When people ask me about faire I tend to make things up- I told someone the other day that I was in the Men-in-Tights contest....
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Lady Christina de Pond

Rofl men in tights contest
;D even though i wouldn't mind seeing that contest
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Zoë

It was worth it, let me tell you.  I saw it from a distance and it was still grand.   ;D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Shoni the Shilent

I suppose this deserves to go here. I wear a kilt, and I was asked by one of the girls I work with (at the faire) if I wear anything underneath. And I simply asked her if she really wanted to know. A girl working next to her says, you know what that means dont you. And I just smile. THe original girl just kinda freaks out. It was really the highlight of my day.
Even non-faire days when I wear it, I pretty much get asked two questions. The first is, what clan? ANd the second is are you wearing anything under there?

;D

Zoë

The response should be -- if there's anything under there, it's not a kilt, it's a skirt!   ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: pirate_zoe on July 08, 2008, 12:47:45 AM
The response should be -- if there's anything under there, it's not a kilt, it's a skirt!   ;)

HHmmmmm.... admiting that "theres nothing under there" does not seem quite right either......    ;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke