News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Having fun with co-workers

Started by Francisco Paula, July 01, 2008, 12:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmarga

Quote from: Shoni the Shilent on July 07, 2008, 11:24:12 PM
I suppose this deserves to go here. I wear a kilt, and I was asked by one of the girls I work with (at the faire) if I wear anything underneath. And I simply asked her if she really wanted to know. A girl working next to her says, you know what that means dont you. And I just smile. THe original girl just kinda freaks out. It was really the highlight of my day.
Even non-faire days when I wear it, I pretty much get asked two questions. The first is, what clan? ANd the second is are you wearing anything under there?

;D

We have quite a few "clans" down here at Scarborough, such as M'Crack, McBuggins, etc.   Are there any such at Larkspur?

And I think the proper answer is, "No lass, there's nothing worn under the kilt, it's all in perfect working order!"

Of course, you might have to temper responses in the working environment, but have *some* fun with it!!!

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Blushing

I wrote a short piece about the faire ... and the editor wants an example of something clever said at faire ... I just need something fit to print in a family publication!

I don't think the above comment would work ... but sadly all the clever things stuck in my head are along the same lines ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Mattrim

Of course there is something worn under a Kilt.....Shoes!!

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Mattrim on July 08, 2008, 09:56:38 AM
Of course there is something worn under a Kilt.....Shoes!!

Lipstick if Im lucky

Tipsy Gypsy

QuoteLipstick if Im lucky

And on a good day, multiple shades, eh? ;)
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on July 08, 2008, 08:42:22 PM

One can only hope

Tanda

Quote from: Blushing on July 08, 2008, 09:36:40 AM
I wrote a short piece about the faire ... and the editor wants an example of something clever said at faire ... I just need something fit to print in a family publication!

I don't think the above comment would work ... but sadly all the clever things stuck in my head are along the same lines ...

How about..

"Join the Dark Side. The women are hotter, the men richer, and we have cookies. Black is slimming, the men steal and I lied about the cookies."

"We love Roderick. He's a prince, which means he has a very large....inheritance."

"Get a map or GET LOST!"

"GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!! because no one else will"

"My dear sir! You should fire your tailor. He has sown your kilt right up the middle. Dear me."

Those help?

Oh and I agree with the answer of "Shoes" to the question of what's beneath the kilt.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

Heehee ... I like those! I added some, we will see if they get trimmed ... =)

God save ME ... I'm actually putting a kilt turn of phrase, in print, under my name ...

"And what is worn under a kilt?  Nothing - everything is in perfect working order!"
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Princess Alice

Quote from: Demetrius on July 02, 2008, 11:26:05 AM
When people ask me about faire I tend to make things up- I told someone the other day that I was in the Men-in-Tights contest....

haha...that would be quite the sight.
I love that contest.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Zoë

Quote from: Shoni the Shilent on July 08, 2008, 09:17:24 PM
Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on July 08, 2008, 08:42:22 PM

One can only hope

I see this part of the thread rapidly heading toward John's Inn....;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy