News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A place to light your candle

Started by LadyOren, May 09, 2008, 05:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMichael

Greetings,

I must step into the light and request your help.

Bowing and then kneeling on one knee, I am but a Knight so the ways of war come easy but the way of talking to God does not come as easy to me. A long time friend and devoted regular of the Great lakes medieval Faire in Ohio, Dillsandra, the Pickle Goddess has passed from this life after surrering this past year in pain. She was a very good woman who sold pickles at the pickle grove and was always handing out drinks to cast and playtrons when they needed relief from the heat. She always thought of others before herself and was just a gentle and pleasent person who spoke to everyone who passed her grove.

Please help me by keeping Dillsandra in your prayers and postings. I do not have those fancy words that you have, for I am but a Knight but I can tell you from my heart that Dillsandra is so deserving of your thoughts and prayers and deserves more than I can give or say about her. Please let God know to accept her with his open arms. May she be in peace forever now. She will be missed but never forgotten.

Thank you so much,

Sir Michael of Mentor,
Knight Commander

Great Lakes Medieval Faire, Ohio
Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

Merlin the Elder

Sir Michael, your words were fancy enough to bring me to tears. Although I know neither of you personally, I offer my energies to you and her.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

SirMichael

Great Wizard Merlin the Elder,

From such a wise man as yourself, your words too have touched me. Thanks you very much. The best thing is another will remember Dillsandra. I know she will be smiling down upon us all.

Sir Michael of Mentor
Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

Shilori

: walks quietly in, and lights a purple candle : This candle is for my mom's healing, she seems to be sick, or near sickness for most of her now-life. I pray that she gets better, and knows that God is with her, holding her, even if it feels like he is pushing her towards the edge. He never gives us more than we can handle.

Rowan MacD

A candle please, and prayers for my husband and his family.  We just found out his son has cancer again.
  He's 27 years old, it's another tumor of the same type that he fought and thought was cured of when he was 18.  His hair never grew all the way back after chemo that time.
  Life's not fair.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

I offer my energies for his success in this battle, Rowen.

irish

........a candle is lit in offering, for the Soul of Dillsandra. May she find peace and perfect healing.

.......a candle is also offered, for the health and healing of Rowen's 'son'. May the light of this candle, heal him and guide the family in prayer.

.......a candle is lit for the Mother of Shilori. Prayers for her health, are offered.

May you all find peace and guidance. Prayers are with you all........
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Rowan MacD

Thanks to you all.  He goes in for surgery next week.  I pray it has not spread.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

medievalmagic85

I am lighting a candle for a friend through Pa Renaissance Faire. Theresa Savage has lost her husband Bill through a fatal car accident yesterday. Her birthday was two days ago. Please keep her in your thoughts at this difficult time.
-Tavia
"Shamrock"
Member of the Wenches Guild--Mount Hope Musettes
Owner of Woven Cords

Shilori

I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers

saphire_glade

I would like to light a tiny candle for my little snake Magellan, who waited for his final moment in this world be in the palm of my hand. He was only 4 months old....
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Rani Zemirah

Lighting a candle in prayer that this longing be answered in some way that is pleasing to the Universe... and less painful for all concerned.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

appljx

* lights a candle for hope and light during a rough time *
* lights another candle for miracles*

maeven

Lighting a candle for all those in the world who are hungry, thirsty, cold, even hot. I also want to light a candle for those who are suffering from addiction, whether it's drugs, alcohol or anything else. I pray for them every night, even though I will probably never know them.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Merlin the Elder

Maeven, I've worked with two addiction hard cases, both of which I had known for years...one alcohol, one cocaine. With the help of another friend who was in recovery (long-term), and of Al-Anon, I did everything humanly possible to try to help these two friends. The former was drunk the last time he called. That's been 3-4 years ago. The coke addict has been clean for nearly 15 years.

I won't take any responsibility for the condition of either. The choice is always that of the addict, and he/she first has to realize and admit the problem. Sometimes they know, like my alcoholic friend, and just cannot beat the demon...actually, the demon is never beaten, just held at bay.

If you have someone, Maeven, that is struggling with this, get in touch with Al-Alon, maybe even do an open meeting. There are right and wrong things to do to help. Knowing which is which is important, if you're hoping to intervene.

My addiction was cigarettes. Hardly in the same class, but an addiction nonetheless and I understand firsthand what addiction means, I've seen what addiction can do. Sometimes, experience sucks...