News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A place to light your candle

Started by LadyOren, May 09, 2008, 05:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maeven

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 21, 2011, 08:13:14 PM
Maeven, I've worked with two addiction hard cases, both of which I had known for years...one alcohol, one cocaine. With the help of another friend who was in recovery (long-term), and of Al-Anon, I did everything humanly possible to try to help these two friends. The former was drunk the last time he called. That's been 3-4 years ago. The coke addict has been clean for nearly 15 years.

I won't take any responsibility for the condition of either. The choice is always that of the addict, and he/she first has to realize and admit the problem. Sometimes they know, like my alcoholic friend, and just cannot beat the demon...actually, the demon is never beaten, just held at bay.

If you have someone, Maeven, that is struggling with this, get in touch with Al-Alon, maybe even do an open meeting. There are right and wrong things to do to help. Knowing which is which is important, if you're hoping to intervene.

My addiction was cigarettes. Hardly in the same class, but an addiction nonetheless and I understand firsthand what addiction means, I've seen what addiction can do. Sometimes, experience sucks...

I don't know anyone with any addictions but those are really good suggestions, Merlin. I do like to pray for them though, because I really do pray for everyone. Even the critters :)
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

maeven

Lighting a candle and praying for my best pal in the whole wide world: my dog.

He seems to be well, however in the past few days he hasn't been the same. I am taking him to the vet tomorrow and I'm hoping for the best. One of my coworkers was telling me that her sister's dog had the same symptoms that my dog is having and it turned out to be stomach cancer. That just terrified me. My dog and I are inseparable-I've had him since my Senior year of high school (I graduated in 2002) and we finally have him living with us after moving out of my parents house and getting married in 2009. I can't lose my dog. I just can't.

My husband says that he's probably fine, and that there is no need to worry until there is something to absolutely worry about. That's easier said than done.

I'm hoping and praying that he's turns out okay after seeing the vet tomorrow.

****UPDATE**** We just got Oscar's test results in today and he's going to be just fine. He was prescribed medicine for his stomach and he's on a different type of dog food. My husband and I are really glad and thankful that things are going to be alright!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Shilori

I am so glad your doggy is good! I will keep praying that his stomach is fine!

RedHatQueen

/walks in, bows, lights candle...

.... for new and safe beginnings?
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Hausfrau Monica

Prayers please.....

we have all had the tummy bug but my son has been the last...he has a fever now of 102.5 (not tottally accurate instrument) and I really don't want to take him out in this snow to the emergency

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on January 02, 2012, 08:14:06 PM
Prayers please.....

we have all had the tummy bug but my son has been the last...he has a fever now of 102.5 (not tottally accurate instrument) and I really don't want to take him out in this snow to the emergency

Praying as hard as I can, hon!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Hausfrau Monica

Darling Rani!!!

Thanks so much.  I have the phone in one hand holding to speak with a nurse and pacing back and forth from his room and the computer......on hold for 25 minutes now

I took some of his blankets off, gave him a second tylenol and a cool cloth on his head.  Thats all I know to do

Rani Zemirah

Well, hopefully the nurse can give you some suggestions to bring down his fever, without taking him out in the cold.  Try and get him to drink some fluids, as well, so he doesn't get dehydrated!  (((HUGS))) to you both!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RedHatQueen

lighting candle for those in need.  Many friends, family and myself. Thank you.
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Lady Kett

Stepping in to light a candle, say a prayer and offer thanks to any superior being out there in the cosmos.

appljx

*flutters in and lights a bright green candle*  Please let this method work.  We've been trying for a child for so long...please....

Baron Frederick

Light a candle for Lady Kathleen to make it through this ordeal with her Mom. Her Mom is in intensive care with pneumonia
Baron Frederick

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

Prayers and Healing energy to both of them.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lady Kathleen's mom passed away last night, with her loving children around her.  Kathy said it was very peaceful, and now her mom is reunited with her dad in Heaven.  Kathy will remain in the Reno & No. California areas until just before the end of January.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich