News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shoe Pattern

Started by GirlChris, July 01, 2008, 01:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willin

Quote from: LordPaulet on July 06, 2008, 12:18:17 PM
Here is a link to some people that make some VERY nice (and slightly expensive) pretty h/a (though i think not entirely) shoes!

correction: that is a link to a catalog that sells shoes. they do not make the shoes anymore than they make the clothing, armor, swords, chainmail, musical instruments, DVD's, CD's or greeting cards they offer.

i would urge anyone wishing to purchase renaissance footwear, costumes etc. to go to your local renaissance festival and support the artisan crafts people who make what they sell, have invested in and are a interracial part of the event.

this thread is supposed to be about shoe patterns, as in to make your own, not promoting a commercial catalog website of finished goods.

GOT FEET ?

LordPaulet

Willin i was not promoting a catalog website.  I simply found a nice site that has some pretty derned goood lookin shoes.  and I understand that they were looking for shoe patterns...but what if someone doesnt have the time or ability to do so...my response was just a suggestion that i found...no need to jump down my throat. 
I have never had a problem with the renfest.com boards...Though if this is how people are treated upon their return im not sure I would like to voice my input. 
(now back to the regular sheduled program of this topic...!)
OH, btw...Willin if you could find me a FAIRE vendor that can make shoes like those....point me in their direction...

willin

Welcome Back LordPaulet  ! ! !

posting the link is promoting the site.
  there are thousands of websites that sell shoes that somebody likes, 
  but have nothing to do with patterns used in the making of shoes.
  no need to get your panties in a twist. i was not jumping down anybody's throat. 
  i was simply stating the fact that the catalog is not the maker,
  and urge people to support an artisan/crafter rather then a catalog.

it was not my intention to attack or offend anyone,
  i'm sorry if it came across that way.

~willin

GOT FEET ?

willin

Quote from: LordPaulet on July 06, 2008, 05:09:07 PM
OH, btw...Willin if you could find me a FAIRE vendor that can make shoes like those....point me in their direction...

don't hold me to it but. . .
i'll keep an eye out for some appropriate pink &/or blue leather
and maybe we'll see about making you up some matching boots.

shall we see if we can get back on topic?
or did i manage drag it so far off,  we can't find the way back?

GOT FEET ?

Cobaltblu

Wow willin they match eachother...but also the tent in the background AND the concrete they are walking on.

Did it rain pink dye?

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

LordPaulet

(actually the new costume is lavander and green so in those colors would be preferable :D)

willin

Lavender & Forest Green ? or Lime Green ? 
GOT FEET ?

LordPaulet

light lavender and mint to lime green

Cilean

I just found a CD rom that you can pick up from  Lost Coast, they have a couple of CD's so it is awesome I think!

http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/index.html

Cilean
Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail