News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SWFF Patron's Campgrounds

Started by mpullen, January 17, 2013, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willworkforgems

I agree Teach! We are newbies and everyone we encountered has been welcoming and kind! Even when we were walking along the gravel road we had a clan shout " Hey! Who's that? Why don't you come back and say Hi? My name is _____. Want a swig of my fireball?" I'm sorry to see others had a bad experience. I hope 9sparksfly gives it another try!
"Love is the solution to every problem"

Lady Kaalyn

I have to say that this was my first year camping at SWFF.  We had a blast. everyone was so nice and welcoming.  My group was invited to camp with Clan Procrastination but decided not to due to the fact we added 4 more party members and realized there were almost more of us than Clan P. lol.   We camped in open camping but walking down the roads we were greeted by many people inside the clan areas.  I had nothing but praise for SWFF campgrounds. 
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire

Bonny Pearl

Question:
Last time we went to Sherwood we traveled with full water tanks in the camper.  We'd like to lighten the load this time.  Does anyone have knowledge of where we can stop that is close to Sherwood to fill up the water tank and be able to dump the tanks on the way back?

Thanks!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

brier patch charlie

Bonny theres an RV Camp there in Bastrop on 71, I don't know if that helps or not!
Charles Coleman

PollyPoPo

Meant to mention earlier, but got distracted.

Last Saturday evening - Many thanks to whoever picked up all the empty beer cans tossed on the road leading from faire-to-camp entrance, down left back toward campgrounds.  Looked like somebody was leaving a trail of bread crumbs, eerrr, beer cans to follow.

I didn't have a trash bag with me at the time.  Again, thanks.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

RenStarr

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on March 07, 2013, 07:07:10 PM
Question:
Last time we went to Sherwood we traveled with full water tanks in the camper.  We'd like to lighten the load this time.  Does anyone have knowledge of where we can stop that is close to Sherwood to fill up the water tank and be able to dump the tanks on the way back?t
Thanks!

From a quick Google search, two places in Giddings that might work with ya:

South Forty RV Park (979)366.9341
Sun Valley Mobile Home (979)542.5647

Good Luck!
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Lady Hez

Hey everyone - my husband and I are thinking of camping for the first time at Sherwood this weekend.

He doesn't get off work until 4pm on Friday, so we wouldn't get to the campgrounds until about 7ish. Is there/should there be plenty of room still by then? We're not camping in a clan and would be in the general area. I understand the 'no reservations' thing, I'm just worried about driving 3 hours and not getting a campsite.

mpullen

Quote from: Lady Hez on March 13, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
Hey everyone - my husband and I are thinking of camping for the first time at Sherwood this weekend.

He doesn't get off work until 4pm on Friday, so we wouldn't get to the campgrounds until about 7ish. Is there/should there be plenty of room still by then? We're not camping in a clan and would be in the general area. I understand the 'no reservations' thing, I'm just worried about driving 3 hours and not getting a campsite.

Since the campgrounds opens Thursday at noon for this Spring Break weekend, I foresee a massive influx of campers Thursday afternoon.

That said, when you arrive 7 PM Friday I'm sure you can find a camping spot. I will be in the area, packing in folks.

Bonny Pearl

We are planning to leave before dawn tomorrow morning in hopes we can find a spot that will fit our camper when we arrive.  That thing called Work got in the way today... and I need to make some Irish Stew for camp since it is St. Patrick's weekend and all.  Oh and buy green things. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

beckgam462

Quote from: mpullen on February 06, 2013, 07:20:41 AM
Quote from: beckgam462 on February 05, 2013, 02:55:03 PM
Mike
for those of us that have the larger Rv's can we still park up front in the parking area again this year????

Possibly not. Operations was spreading mulch up in that area last weekend and it would need to get packed down.

Mike
the Same question 1 year later
did the get the area up front packed for big RV or is it still a nogo to have the large RV up front in the parking area????

in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

mpullen

Quote from: beckgam462 on January 08, 2014, 08:39:38 PM
Quote from: mpullen on February 06, 2013, 07:20:41 AM
Quote from: beckgam462 on February 05, 2013, 02:55:03 PM
Mike
for those of us that have the larger Rv's can we still park up front in the parking area again this year????

I'll check the area when I go up for our Jan. 17th Gathering.

Possibly not. Operations was spreading mulch up in that area last weekend and it would need to get packed down.

Mike
the Same question 1 year later
did the get the area up front packed for big RV or is it still a nogo to have the large RV up front in the parking area????