News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Started by Captain Itchy Scratchy, April 25, 2012, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Itchy Scratchy

hi newbie here trying to figure out hoe to post pic to avatar can i post a pic from facebook?
IBRSC #1715 
IFRP   #1649
Captain of The Mandalore's Bounty
Lost Viking
Loveland "Castleteer"
knight of Briarwood
Knight of Willy Nilly on the Wash

renfairephotog

Quote from: dbaldock on September 01, 2011, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: az on August 31, 2011, 03:16:37 PM
um! i just learned how to copy and paste. i would have no idea how to do that

Doing a Copy & Paste will work (as long as you copy the right thing, and paste it in the right place...  ;)  :D ).

Here's something to try -
(NOTE: I'm using the Mozilla Firefox browser.)

1.) Browse to the photo on your Facebook account that you'd like to use as a profile picture.
2.) Right-Click on the photo, and select "View Image Info".
3.) When the Image Info Box pops up, Right-Click on the highlighted line, and select "Copy".
4.) Browse to your RenFestForums Account Profile Settings.
5.) On the left side of the screen, under "Modify Profile", click on "Forum Profile Information".
6.) In the text-box beside the line "I have my own pic:", Right-Click, and select "Paste".
7.) On the Bottom-Right of the screen, click on "Change Profile".
8.) Check to see if there are any error messages about the photo size.
9.) If there aren't, you have succeeded in using a Facebook photo as your Forum Profile picture.
10.) If there are errors, edit the photo on your PC, and upload the new, smaller one to your Facebook album.  Then repeat steps 1 - 8.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Rowan Lane

Ok...I'm trying to follow the instructions but... I don't get a "View Image Info" in my choices...  :(
No what??

help! ???

Merlin the Elder

Lady Rowan, click on the photo to make it full size. Then you should see that option when you right click on it (again...this is with Firefox browser)

Please note that if the image isn't square, it will deform when you set it as your avatar.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

E. Grumpypants, the Bogle

followed all the steps, says it's worked, still no photo.  What's the max size/ dimensions for the photo?
I like eating faeries
Member of The Daione Sidhe Confederation ("The Fey Guild")

Merlin the Elder

I usually post pix that are 400x400 pixels, although I have seen some much larger. Any resolution beyond 96 dpi pretty much gets lost on the Internet. Avatars, when displayed, will be resized to 100x100.

If your avatar isn't showing, be SURE that if you copy/paste the URL that you entered in the Personalized Picture field of your profile into the address bar of your browser, it should appear. The image CANNOT be sourced on your computer. It MUST be stored on the Internet, and at an accessible URL (not behind a log-in).  Also be sure that you've selected "Specify avatar by URL."

The R/F website does NOT host any user photos. You are welcome to PM me with questions...

Tom

Thanks for helping with this renfairephotog & Merlin! I've been (and still am) a bit busy this weekend.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Merlin the Elder

No worries, Lad... Pleased to be of assistance.