News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I am back.

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, January 18, 2013, 10:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I am back from what appeared to be my last trip to Nevada.

The journey began on actually on Thanksgiving when my Mother was taken to Reno Renown Hospital for Double Pnuemonia. She was tired and weak from that. She came  back home on the 26th November. On Saturday, December 1, she was back in the Hospital for good where her life journey would finally end on 2 January 2013.

After complainng about severe pain in her back, a CT scan showed Cancer in both Lungs and in her spine between the Shoulder Blades. A full body MRI showed cancer in her Bladder as well. She underwent Chemo and Radiation to keep the Cancers from growing. I called her everyday to keep up with what was happening. Her spirits were up that she would enter rehab to regain stgrength and come home.

That was not to be. By the 20th of December she lost her voice. On Christmas night, my Mother was rushed to ICU because she could not breathe on her own. Both my Sister and Brother were calling me to come out as soon as I could. I left Minnesota on the 26th of December.

When my Brother picked me up at Reno Airport, we rushed to the hospital. There in ICU, my Mother was hooked up to machines and tubes that were keeping her alive. SHe had developed MERSA, a fatal staphoccocus infection. Mom was on a ventilator so she could breathe. Her quality of life was no longer hers. Her body was broken and there would be no fixing it.

On January 2nd, my mother wanted off the ventilator. Her wits were sharp and she did not want to keep living this way. After a little more than a hour, my Mother took her last breaths and went to sleep forever. I, my Sisiter, and Brother were with her. She left us knowing she was loved. Mom was at peace and so were we.

My Mother is the reason I am the person I am today. She fostered my sewing, my passion for Reading, History, exploration, etc. With each piece I have done over the years for many of you here on this wonderful community, has had a bit of her sewn into  the  seams. MY Mother lives in the work I do and will do in the future.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

crazyrennie

Hugs and a shoulder to lean on if you ever have need.
Crazy

lady serena

Guppy # 81
Fins up

Merlin the Elder

Glad you're home safely, Lady Kathleen. Your mom made the right decision, though it is so hard for those left behind. My mother and dad both made the decisions of when to turn loose of this phase of existence. They both elected to die peacefully at home. The fact that your mom was able to choose the terms should ease the pain... Lots of hugs...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Alerrick Afon Adou

I am sorry to hear about you Mother Lady Kathleen. She is in a better place.She is out of pain and not suffering anymore. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I send you lots of LOVE in your time of need. I am glad you are back home safe and sound...............Huzzah

LissaRoisin

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a wonderful thing that she was surrounded by the ones that loved her most as she passed on. May many candles burn for your mother.
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Thank you alll for the HUGS.

Monday, 14 Jnauary, would have been her 79th Birthday. I was bawling when I woke up. I talked with her Spirit when I went for a long walk that afternoon. Ink now seh is looking down on me, letting me know she is happy. For she knows I will have good and bad days.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Baron Frederick

I am so sorry for your loss! Lots of hugs your way and you know I will always be here with a broad shoulder to lean on and a ear that will listen.
Baron Frederick