News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Matchmaking for Queen Bonnie

Started by Tremayne, July 01, 2008, 03:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremayne

The search is on!

Our illustrious and magical Queen of Everything is in need of a partner. Wizards being rather hard to come by, the more people keeping their eyes open for potential candidates the better. Feel free to make suggestions or post pictures of possible matches here for our good queen to consider.

Queen Bonnie's Basic Criteria are:
Single
Rennie
Non smoking
Cat loving
Over 58
Good sense of humor
Good health (how else would he keep up with the Queen of Everything!)
Comfortable, reliable wizardmobile

Icing on the man-cake:
Handsome
Long hair and beard
Financially set

So let's all go forward in playful rennie spirit and help her find her match.  Offer up men that will help her see possibilities and refine her criteria even if they don't quite hit the mark.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! What a grand idea! I hope it works! My wizard summoning spells are a bit rusty.
I would love to find someone to enjoy faire- and more with!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Tremayne

The most obvious successor to Lord A strikes me as the sterling gentleman below.

And then there's Dumbledore. But both have passed on to other spheres as well. And I could be wrong on a fundamental point. They both seemed to be loners.

Of course, there's Merlin, who we know was susceptible (sp?) to love--though jaded by a bad experience. But he hasn't been seen in a coon's age either. So the challenge here is to find a wizardly type still in the earthly realm and who has an interest in the magic of union/love/romance.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

eloquentXI

There was that dashin ol' Scot that the Queen and I sat marching parade at Scarby mid-season...in an orange/yellow kilt, we both commented on his...good looks. LOL

Hmmm...must see if I can hunt him down!  :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

OOH! Gandalf is a YES! Dumbledore too- the Richard Harris one of course! Earthly realm is best though.
Alas! I found that Scot in the Yellow kilt was already seeing someone. Just my luck!  He was cute!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Queen_of_Navarre

Shards and Shells... and uncaught snails... I had a very good friend who fit the order to a tee. Alas and woe he was just recently captured by another red-head who stole him away from the Ren faire world just because she feared .....shhhh.... dare I whisper it......Queen Bonnie!
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

eloquentXI

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 01, 2008, 07:18:00 PM
OOH! Gandalf is a YES! Dumbledore too- the Richard Harris one of course! Earthly realm is best though.
Alas! I found that Scot in the Yellow kilt was already seeing someone. Just my luck!  He was cute!

Well that just sucks.
Onward to finding the next capable wizard-bachelor...perhaps the one just perfect for our wonderous Queen!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Alphonse

Hmm? I have met a few wizards along the path...finding one that will admit to being a bachelor is no small deed though.

I met this one at the TNRF a long time ago, but I believe he is too young for our purposes...

In spite of the grey beard this one is likely a fraud and too young as well

This is one I met not too long ago at the ALRF, as to whether or not he is single I am unsure, but I think that he is likely close to our age range

Queen Bonnie

HMMM! That last Wizard has possibilities. 
I tend to be leery of false beard wizards! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Tremayne

We'll keep our eye out for him this year and do some reconnaissance for you.  ;)  ALRF is, I believe, the third weekend in Oct. Seems we once saw him at TNRF as well so those up that way keep an eye out for him next year if we haven't found a suitable consort for our queen by then.

anne of oaktower

Mayhap you could post his photo in the ALRF and TNRF threads - and even the Faire Photos - and see if anyone can offer his name and marital status?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Tremayne

It's worth a try, Anne--though the ALRF thread doesn't get much action and I think he was only an occasional visitor to TNRF. Usually the ALRF folks perk up as their faire nears so maybe we'll get an answer earlier rather than later.  And more eyes watching and less of a chance of missing him.

Queen Bonnie

Marital status and smoking status and might help to tempt said wizard- if single- with my photo?  I will give out my e-mail to all interested wizards!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Count Adolfo

I believe a new term is being born here... Renaissance Reconnaissance

Huzzah to the Love Scouts!

Queen Bonnie

I need all the help I can get!  Good unattached  wizards are hard to find. Old single cute rennies are hard to find!
I Love your term Count Adolfo!
Looking into my crystal ball and hoping for results!
Wingardium Leviosa!