News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I want a Ren Faire Wedding!

Started by babybearstar, January 23, 2013, 10:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babybearstar

I was looking to get more information from the Tuxedo Park NY Ren Faire, but I've had no luck trying to get in touch with them. The number on the website led me to an answering machine, and my email was sent last night but I got no reply. Are their offices open in the off season? I just registerd to the forum and I'm hoping you guys might be able to answer some of my questions.

Background-
I booked a place to find out my hubby to be is not in love with it, so i have till Sunday to cancel it and get my money back. Places are getting booked left and right and I'm getting worried and ask him what he thinks we should do. He mentioned the Ren Faire, and at first i wasn't even sure you did weddings. Come to find out you do, but i can't find much info about them. We've always enjoyed the Faire, and try to make it there every year we can. I just have so many questions!

The List-
I have a big wedding party of almost 100 people. Do you think the Faire can provide a package that can accomidate that, or do i have to start crossing names off?
Are there indoor accommodations for the reception?
What are the menu choices like?
Will performers interact with my guests?
Ceremony is at 9am I see, but after that can we wonder the park till the reception?
When do you have the reception...and cocktail hour?
The Wedding would be for this year in the fall, do you think they have openings available?
Anyone know what comes included in their packages?
How would we work a DJ in?
Will there be a spot for dancing?
Will we be able to walk with your performers (kings and queens and nobles) as their special guests? Cuz that sounds like alot of fun!

I'm sorry I'm bumbarding you all with these questions, but the more i think about it the more excited i get. Does anyone know of a number i can call that will get me to a real person to go over the details?

Merlin the Elder

My wife and I recently had our wedding vows renewed at faire, although not at Tuxedo Park.  I've not been to that faire, so I don't know how big it is, however, it seems you may have some misconceptions. 

Wedding party size will depend on the individual faire (we had about 70 or so and had plenty of room for more)

A Ren Faire wedding will take place during the regular faire run.  A DJ?!? Nay.  You must remember that this will be closer to a Renaissance period wedding, otherwise there is little point in doing it this way.  Musicians will be provided from those working the faire. Food is going to be standard faire fare. You won't have all kinds of fancy foods available to be catered in.  Reception will general follow immediately.

Yeah, we danced! ...to the music of bagpipes and drums, at our request!  As for availability, that also depends on the faire.  We requested our date nearly a year out, and couldn't get the time we wanted, so we schedule a week earlier.

Your experience will be as you make it, but think less of the grandeur of a church wedding, and more of the fun of a unique faire experience. 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

babybearstar

I spoke to the Tuxedo Faire through their facebook and was very upset to find that they were not going to do any weddings this coming season! After collecting myself, I saw Lady de la War's posts about the Pennsylvania Faire. It's a 3 and a half hour drive for me and my guests, but it looks bigger/grander. I'm hoping that they don't turn me away like the Tuxedo Faire did.
haha and your right, a DJ would seem quite silly wouldn't it? I'd rather be rapped up in the times.
Period style food seems to be a bit more lax at the Pennsylvania Faire I see. Soooo many pics on their site of all kinds of cool and crazy things I'm dieing to try...Scotch Eggs, gelato, and some stuff my picky brother can handle..pizza, and chicken nuggets  ;D

BLAKDUKE

Try The Sterling faire north of Syracuse.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

arbcoind

Weddings at the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival:

http://www.pittsburghrenfest.com/Weddings.html

I've never attended any of the weddings over the years, but the website description seems agreeable.

Gina

Celtic Lady

My husband and I were married in 2009 at Michigan's ren faire (festival). There was about 40 or so of us (wedding party and guests) and we had our reception at the Feast of Fantasy held in the castle. It was about $70/person but that included the entrance to the faire and the food, drink, and entertainment at the Feast (and everyone got to keep their goblet). For the price per person it covered the food, drinks, and entertainment plus we gave our guests a "Thank you for coming gift" (the whole faire to enjoy for the day...  ;)) That may be something to look into. We had a wedding cake delivered, too.... another thing to consider.

BLAKDUKE

There is also faires in Connecticut and Massachusetts
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Celtic Lady

Two questions that no one has asked and I didn't see you mention them either.... Have you set a date? If so, when is it? Both are important and relevant to know in order for suggestions to be real useful in finding a location.

babybearstar

We are thinking early Oct. We have contacted the PARF and they will be able to accommodate us! I've told most of my family about it and they are all really excited. I'm still working out the details but let me share with you some ideas I've had.

Invitations:  http://www.calligraphicstudio.com/calligra.htm#Renaissance Invitations I chose the "Faerie Wedding Invitation" and my sample is in the mail

For gifts I'm planning on getting good size medium velvet pouches and putting bubble bottles in them. Velvet pouches will make a great addition to everyones garb

For the bridle party I found these that can go in the pouches also http://www.healingcrystals.com/Keychains_-_Tumbled_Bloodstone_Keychain.html "The blood in that stone was bled from a terrable dragon that terrorized my kingdom" *giggles*

Also my siblings and cousins came up with an interesting idea and i just might put it in effect: maybe on the chess board hold a mock sword fight. My photographers going to love me haha

Merlin the Elder

Sounds like you're getting things well lined up for a fun wedding!

Regarding the sword fight, you will need clearance from PARF before even attempting that, or you could end up being tossed out.  PARF requires all weapons to be peace-tied.  That idea would certainly make for some memorable pictures!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

babybearstar

I see what you mean. Well maybe it would be ok to do it at the reception being that it's more privet. I'll ask.  ;) Thanks for the heads up!

DonaCatalina

I think you really really need to have a long chat with their wedding coordinator. As Merlin says, most faires have rules about weddings that are very extensive.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

babybearstar

Date is set for Oct 12th! And I am sooo excited! They have a seamstress that can make my dress, and they are working with us on the menu options. The coordinator over there is very nice and quick to reply to all my questions. I prodict a magical day  :D

here is a picture of the dress I'm going to have made
http://www.rivendellbridal.com/titania.html  <3

arbcoind

Babybearstar,

I will be at PARF on October 12.  I'll give a big wave if I see you!  Congratulations and have fun planning your wedding day.

Gina

GryffinSong

What fun! And I think that wedding dress is probably the most gorgeous I've ever seen!!!
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Meagan

I hope you have a wonderful wedding! That dress is stunning. Be sure you have some way to pull the train off the ground after the ceremony. You do not want to risk ruining your pretty gown by dragging it through the dirt for several hours.