News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Brush with Greatness... aka Celebrities at faire

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 01, 2008, 03:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Quote from: groomporter on July 21, 2008, 09:33:21 AM
Yeah, Penn & Teller used to do MNRF as did the jugglers The Flying Karamozov Brothers

Wow! From Mn. to Vegas! Whoda thunk it?
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

RumbaRue

Yeah, Penn & Teller used to do MNRF as did the jugglers The Flying Karamozov Brothers

Tell me, did Teller ever talk then?    :D
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Valiss

Quote from: RumbaRue on July 21, 2008, 11:55:49 AM

Yup.  On Penn's radio show he used to talk about thier ren faire days and how they used to work the circut before they moved on to other venues and then became famous.  Intersting stuff.

groomporter

Quote from: RumbaRue on July 21, 2008, 11:55:49 AM

I don't remember
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

wyckdblyss

Many moons ago (musta been mid to late 90's) I saw Robert Reed at TRF. For anyone who does not know who he is, he is a now retired Houston Rocket Basketball player. I had met him prior to this encounter and recognized (and he, I) immediately. Very sweet man.
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Botch

Just an update, the one that came into Blue Planet back in the day was Tommy Lister

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001474/

That was TRF 2002 I think

Quote from: Botch on July 08, 2008, 12:17:25 PM
in 2004 I was in the former Blue Planet at the time still owned by Lost Island at TRF.  It was a shop managed by Mike (I think that was his name, it's been a while) but some time during one of the faire days, a tall black man came in with an enterage of about 6 to 8 people.  He shopped around a bit and really liked the stuff in the shop.

Mike asked one of the people, "who is that guy?  is he famous or something?"  "He was the tall black pirate near the beginning of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl."

Though I didn't recognize him as such, it was kind of funny that his co-horts followed him pretty much everywhere he went.  When he left, so did his buds. 

Oh, and Rudy T from the Houston Rockets was there too... but that was further back than that.  He had a big enterage too.  ...1997ish?

piratejoebear

i have met as few celebrites over the years at faire. originally local dj's before going to satellite opie and anthony. the official witch of salem laurie cabot. from the wwf/wwe prince albert aka a-train. from aerosmith steven tyler and joe perry. my friend jeff who works with the tiger show used to be a professional wrestler in the wwf. oh and the owner of the faire her daughter hosts dancing with the stars.

remission

Never met anyone famous at a faire, but my ex met William Shatner at a Con once. Of course he was a prick and would only give $1.00 for a charity when someone passed a bowl around to him lol  Guess gas for that ship is too $$$ nowadays.

PurpleDragon

Quote from: remission on August 10, 2008, 08:29:46 AM
Never met anyone famous at a faire, but my ex met William Shatner at a Con once. Of course he was a prick and would only give $1.00 for a charity when someone passed a bowl around to him lol  Guess gas for that ship is too $$$ nowadays.

I wouldn't call him a prick, like many celebrities, he most likely was not carrying a lot of cash on him.  Though, for me knowing William Shatner through the paintball community, I can assure you that he is quite serious about his personal favorite charity "Ahead With Horses".  He commanded three times at three differant events where proceeds went to that specific charity at his request.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

bershokwench

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 01, 2008, 03:56:01 PM
I was just curious to know if anyone has ever seen a movie star/famous musician/famous polititian/Athlete etc at faire.

I met a guy that looked alot like Johnny Depp when he played Captain Jack Sparrow. He was really cute, but alas I am married! LOL ;D
VICKY BERSHOK

BrokenArts

Quote from: wyckdblyss on July 29, 2008, 12:18:36 PM
Many moons ago (musta been mid to late 90's) I saw Robert Reed at TRF. For anyone who does not know who he is, he is a now retired Houston Rocket Basketball player. I had met him prior to this encounter and recognized (and he, I) immediately. Very sweet man.

I was thinking of Robert Reed from the Brady Bunch!  Silly me.  :P

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Come to CRF the 2nd Sunday of Faire and ya just might see some racin' personalities.  They race at Charlotte Motor Speedway the Saturday night before.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."