News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Themed weekends

Started by DonaCatalina, February 04, 2013, 04:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nimer

Quote from: skitter on April 15, 2013, 11:18:44 AM
Quote from: Otwell Throckmorton on April 15, 2013, 08:33:45 AM

sad part is, I believe it was only high 70's...  not quite sure how I'm going to be able to last on Memorial day weekend!

I know . . . oh, how I know.  I was trying hard not to complain about the heat yesterday because I know it will be getting worse.

I'm definitely NOT complaining about highs in the 70s...but on that stage, when you're sitting in the sun for 30 minutes straight (which we did for 3 shows last Saturday), the heat index is about 10-15 degrees warmer than air temperature.  To me, it easily felt like 90 at the end of the 4 o'clock show (4:30ish).  Hopefully we'll have an umbrella to shield us for the rest of the season...period-correct of course  ::)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

skitter

Writeup of the faire here . . . but more importantly, there's a picture of Oswyn with his fabulous wig in the slideshow!

http://www.dfw.com/2013/04/15/781735/scarborough-renaissance-festival.html

DonaCatalina

Highland weekend was a lot of fun. It was hilarious to watch the Row 12 people get celebrity-itis when the Travel Channel sprung Adam Richman on us. We had quite a turnout and a humungous spread.
Apparently he has a new show that might be called Fandemonium. I tried to stay out of the limelight. Though it seems Adam and his film crew polished off my mini-pigs.

On another note, Oswyn was wearing some drop dead gorgeous garb this weekend. He really needs to post pics in the sewing projects thread.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'lady and I shall be progressing to Scarby this coming weekend (27/28).  Will see you pre-cannon. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Oswyn Fenecote

Highland weekend was a blast!

Thanks DonaCatalina- I appreciate the compliment! :D

I believe this to be one of my favourite years at Scarborough yet!
Oswyn Fenecote

Bonny Pearl

We will be there Mother's Day weekend.   ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Just a thought for you all....hotels from Waco to Waxahachie are full of displaced residents. If you don't already have a hptel booked; don't be surprised if you have to go further into Dallas for a room.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

Good thought Dona Catalina! Var and I have a room. See you at the tailgating  this weekend! So excited!  I worked so hard at Sherwood- now i get to play!!! LOl!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Will there be any jalapeño wine this weekend?  ::)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Al-Nimer

I'll be performing with the Drums of Isis for the "Wings of Isis & Star Dancers" belly dance show again this Saturday (4/27), as well as the following Sunday 5/5.  With five shows a day at 11:30, 1:30, 3, 4 & 5:30, surely you all can find the time to come and watch one of our fun shows  ;)

Also, this weekend, my brother is bringing his girlfriend down for both days, so I'll know at least one of the victims Sultans for one of the shows Saturday  ;D

And lastly, I'm NOT scheduled to perform May 11/12, so I finally get a weekend off  8)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 25, 2013, 04:09:30 PM

I think its all gone. He had only one bottle of raw honey left last weekend.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Otwell Throckmorton

Quote from: DonaCatalina on April 26, 2013, 04:41:54 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 25, 2013, 04:09:30 PM

I think its all gone. He had only one bottle of raw honey left last weekend.
No, I have quite a bit of Jalapeño wine left...  but didn't bring it out last weekend as not many people wanted to try it...  unfortunately we were thinking about not coming out this weekend as there's too much month at the end of the money this month.  Gauwyn, will there be another weekend you will be available?
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
"Beware the barrenness of a busy life"
- Socrates

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We only visit once a year, we are from the north (Iowa ). No problem, catch you next year.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Otwell Throckmorton

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 26, 2013, 09:40:17 AM
We only visit once a year, we are from the north (Iowa ). No problem, catch you next year.
Will you be out Sunday?  There is a possibility of us coming out on Sunday
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
"Beware the barrenness of a busy life"
- Socrates

Oswyn Fenecote

i should be there sunday! I'd love to meet your wifey and fuzlet!
Oswyn Fenecote