News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wow!

Started by dspotz, July 01, 2008, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspotz

It was our first time to the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire and boy were we impressed. Saw a couple familiar faces (Hi Dayna!) and met alot of fantastic people. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and laid out nicely. We missed some of the shows but what we saw were great. My daughter (she was so scared but the Queen was fantastic about it) and I got knighted (being called "Dame Mommy" almost made me fall over!). And when the whole court remembered us and were shouting "Look its Mommy. Dame Mommy!", I was in geek heaven! Our girls got so many jewels and baubles after the 2 days our pockets were stuffed. They loved the fairies. And whoever thought up dunking a hot pretzel in cheese ought to be knighted. Yummy!

Camping was awesome as well. Met alot of great people (and some odd ones too)there as well. (Anyone who got glow sticks--that was us!) Hubby met someone named Seamus (sp?) so if you are on here, "Hi" from Ron. We would, however like to know the mechanics behind the "UFO" we saw if any responsible parties would so care to elaborate. Our girls were very impressed with the sighting.

Wish we could come back this season but we'll have to settle for next year. Thanks to everyone there for a fabulous weekend. (In spite of the tooth problems)

Marietta Graziella

Hello dspotz,

The UFO you spotted was in fact a paper balloon with a candle in it.   A man in a truck stopped over by our camping area, got out, lit the candle, and drove away.   

It was beautiful to watch it rise high into the sky.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you.  I'm MG!

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Kiss-me-Kate

I was also part of MG's group.  That candle/balloon thing was awesome!!!
BTW-Welcome to our forum.  If possible, come see all of us at Minnesota, our home faire.

As a fest geek myself, glad you had a great time, and are raising two possible fest geeks to carry on tradition
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

dspotz

The plan originally was to go introduce ourselves at the campground but never got a chance. (We were actually about as far from you guys as you could get in the campground.)

We've been going back and forth about the MN faire, but I think we may try to get there this year. Depends on the buget! If not, definitely next year.

gusjodi

The hubby and I are planning on going this weekend! I can't wait!!  :D
Hi Kate and Marietta!! I hope to see you guys soon!

Kiss-me-Kate

Hi Jodi! Good to see ya!

Have fun this weekend, it sounds like you will have great weather.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Lord Clisto of York

The weather should be great this weekend, being only in the 70's now. I hope to see many of you come out to play. say hello when you do. It is Maurader and Mayhem weekend.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished