News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For those near Cleveland.. GLMF on TV

Started by BeerBlessings, July 01, 2008, 10:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeerBlessings

If you are near Cleveland, and need your Faire fix before Saturday, listen up..

Friday morning. Sometime after 7:30 AM, I think around 7:45...

Fox 8 in Cleveland is broadcasting from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

You will get a preview of Chess Match, as The King and The Duke will be showing off their fight on TV!

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

BeerBlessings

At first I thought I'd miss it because I'd have to be at work.

Then I realized it's the Fourth of July, and have the day off.

Then I realized, 'Oh crap! I'll prolly be sleeping in!"

So the DVR is already set!

Btw, from what I hear, the fights this year are VERY good.. This one especially, from what I've heard from the Duke!

Btw #2, Duke Bob is full evil this year.

Quiet One

ummm.....

off work on Friday, usually up early, maybe I will make the drive into Cleveland for this.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

DuCoeur

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Ratman and Bobin

Quote from: DuCoeur on July 02, 2008, 07:01:19 AM
Will it be simulcast on the web????
Their morning show is usually on the web, check their website here --- ---  http://www.myfoxcleveland.com
cheers,
ratman & bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

DuCoeur

Ratman...Bobbin...You rock!!  thanks for the info!!!
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

BeerBlessings

Also present will be Quenivere and Morgana backing up their respective Champions.

BeerBlessings

WTF?!?!?! I've been watching for over an hour before they came on, goshdarnnit.

About 8:20, they went on.. They introduced King Arthur and the Duke of Winchester. As they started the fight, they cut to a screenshot with info for the Faire..

Yeah, it's a promo for GLMF, but it cut out the best advertisement for the Faire, the dang FIGHT!!!!

Ah well, we do see a mace and axe as weapons being used.

They also introduced the Duchess of Remington, Lady Morgana, and Queen Guenivere.. The funniest part was when they were cutting back to the newsroom, they showed Guenivere and Morgana dancing together, and one of the newscasters commented "I thought Quenivere and and Morgana didn't get along?"

So, no fight. Sigh. But hey, it's still a promo!

Athena

Yep, I got up early on my day off even! I waited and waited and around 8:00 I thought to myself "Did I miss something?" Finally they came on, but if ya blinked, ya missed it. Oh, well, at least it's a publicity for the faire. It was cool to see some familiar faces on the telly!

BTW...what's the deal with the male host, the one with the Ken Doll hair? He annoyed me to no end.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

BeerBlessings

An aside.. The segment at the Rock Hall is called "Kickin It With Kenny"... with Kenny Crumpton.

This poor guy was at one end of an on-air slip, with the anchor making the slip not even realizing what he said.. The guy didn't know the meaning of the term he used.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19d_1181849097