News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Arizona RF vs Carolina RF

Started by JessicaB, February 08, 2013, 08:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaB

Ok guys, I'm a Carolina girl & I'm well acquainted with CRF. I know it's the same company that runs Arizona. My husband is stationed in AZ, so we'll be checking out the Arizona faire for the first time next weekend! At a quick glance, the entertainment & vendors seem the same folks we see in the fall at Carolina, so tell me - what's uniquely Arizona Faire/your favorite that we shouldn't miss?
Thanks!

Norfolk

What is uniquely Arizona that you're unlikely to see in Carolina?  Well, it is flat, it is in a desert, and is surrounded by cacti.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Amara Deegan

Welcome!

I have not been to the Carolina Faire myself so I don't know what may be different. I can tell you that my home Faire is the Northern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire and I have been to the Texas and Southern California faires a fee times each. They all are unique in their own ways but I have never felt more at home or welcomed than here at the Arizona Faire!

I hope you are able to find it comparable and maybe even an extra treat or two you do not have at the Carolina one.

JessicaB

I've actually never been to Arizona (I usually skip from TX to CA) so I'm looking forward to some different scenery :)

Norfolk

Isobel,

Don't let my flippant reply put you off.  Our home faire is Colorado, and the Duchess and I have attended TRF, Scarborough, Minnesota, Kansas City and Santa Fe a good many times.  As for Arizona, we have made the trip there every February for the past six or seven years.  I agree completely with Mistress Deegan that you will search in vain for a more welcoming group of cast and playtrons.   

If I understand your post correctly, you will be at the faire Presidents' Day weekend, as will the Duchess and I.  Here's hoping we make your acquaintance in person.
Just call me "Your Grace"