News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FYI: Pub Sing change for this season...

Started by BeerBlessings, July 01, 2008, 10:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

Wow all this talk of the Great Lakes pub sing and how cool it is is making me wanna come and visit and check out this pub sing for myself.I always love a good pub sing.........Damn I wish my money situation was in better shape right now.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Rahne

Has the song officially been changed back to Health to the company?
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Athena

I'm pretty sure it has. I like "Beggars to God" just as much. Empty Hats performed it last weekend and it was just as poignant as Health. I really hope they come back next year, along with Demetrius and Victoria, the other half of the group.

Sunday's pub sing was excellent! Looney Lucy graced us with one of her dances and brought the house down! Gods I adore that woman!  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

mumsies

I thought Sunday's pub sing was awesome too...although a few familiar faces were conspicuously absent! Can't wait til final weekend!

Rahne

I'm glad they changed it back.  I find health to the company so much easier to sing, and a lot less depressing.  We were only able to come Saturday last week.  It sounds like we missed a great pub sing on Sunday.  This week we can only make it Sunday and it will be the last week we can come this year :'(. I so hate to see the season come to a close.  On a positive not though we are bringing 4 friends with us who have never been to a faire before.  It should be a lot of fun.
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

GypsyWriter

I have yet to stay through the end of pub sing.  Perhaps this week end, if our hero wills it.  (That would be our designated driver, Black Matt.)
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

DuCoeur

I missed Pub sing again...Damn! I am going to have to will myself away from and make pubsing this weekend...and finale.

While I have been enjoying our impromtu sing-a-longs at Stumbull, it is just not the same as seeing everyone on stage together
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.