News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 CTRF Robin Hood Springtime Festival : May 18 - June 2

Started by Capt Lucy, February 16, 2013, 12:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gregory

I went yesterday and had a wonderful time despite the late afternoon downpours. 

I did learn some great news.  Starting next fall with King Arthur's Fall Harvest Faire, the CRF will be moving permanently to Norwich, with plans to eventually build a hard site there.  I know they have been looking to do this for a while and I am so excited to see them evolve and grow to the next level.

LadyAsh

I know I am definitely going on May 25th to the Springtime Festival. I am pretty excited, and cannot wait to see what the Springtime Festival has to offer.

The news of CTRF moving to a new location in Norwich, and planning to build a hard site sounds exciting as well!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

William of Ware

So, with the Fall faire moving and the possibility of a permanent site....  I would guess both CTRF faires will be at the same spot?
I wish management luck in securing this location!!!!    I'll be attending the 25th, I'll  be on lookout for everyone!   
I've been going to the fall harvest faire for about 6 or 7 years now.  This is my first trip to see Robin Hood.
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: William of Ware on May 22, 2013, 08:44:06 AM
So, with the Fall faire moving and the possibility of a permanent site....  I would guess both CTRF faires will be at the same spot?

Hmm. I didn't think of that possibility but I think they may keep the spring faire in Guilford. They added Enfield last year as a third location so it doesn't seem like they are trying to consolidate them all into one place. I'm just guessing here, but I think they are trying to reach a wider audience by having them in different locations. I know in my case, Guilford is 40 miles closer to my home than either Norwich or Hebron so I tend to visit the spring faire more often than the fall faire.

I too am planning to attend on the 25th (barring the unforeseen) so perhaps I will run into you, Sir William!

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

William of Ware

From CTRF on Facebook:
"So we're watching the weather very closely and you know what we've discovered? There is nothing we can do about it so we've decided to have a "Come Play Rain or Shine Sale!"

Come on down to The Robin Hood Springtime Festival this Saturday with your umbrella and get $4 off the price of admission! This is good for General Admission AND Youth Admission but each person must have their own umbrella! "

;D.....
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

LadyAsh

I hope it doesn't rain, or if it does rain, I hope it is a light drizzle. Either way, I will bring my umbrella in tow!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lady Gregory

From what I understood, they are all moving to Norwich.  The gentleman said this is the last run in Guilford.  That was how the conversation began.

LadyAsh

I made a compromise with my father, so I am going tomorrow to the faire instead. Hopefully I  will see some RF member faces tomorrow? :)

Bob of the Lake

Well, it was cold, wet and windy but we still enjoyed our day at the faire Saturday. It was my pleasure to meet and spend some time with William of Ware, and I look forward to seeing him again later this year at NYRF.

It was an interesting day with  lots of weather-related changes of schedules and thrown-together jam sessions but, as many of you know, these unscripted performances and impromptu changes of plans make for some of the best faire experiences and memories. By the end of the day, everyone was under the roof of one or another of the large tents and basically, all you had to do was sit in one place and all the performers came to you--they had nowhere else to hide from the weather either! It was great fun!

Huzzah to everyone at CTRF who soldiered on through the elements and gave their all to make it a memorable day for their guests.

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

LadyAsh

Well, it was a fun filled day for my brother and I at the festival. Everything was wonderful, and the pub sing was a real blast! There were a lot of people dancing to the tribal drums of Cu Dubh! It is sad that the faire day has ended, for now, but I am hoping for more fun either next weekend or next year! I am looking forward to the revamp for the fall festival, and looking forward to the changes.

Koshiba

Our little group will be heading to CT this Sunday, so perhaps we'll see you guys around. This will be our first time at the Robin Hood Festival. We went to the fall festival last October for the first time. We're expanding our horizons faire-wise, after many years of just going to NYRF. Here's hoping it's not too hot! ;)

Ozium

It is going to be a wonderfull weekend! heading down
from Syacuse in the moring.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Ozium

Well back at home, really enjoyed our selfs at your faire yesterday.  I was actually
surprised at how many vendors and stages that were setup, The misting stations
were much appreciated and we used them often. Keep up the fine work!

Thank You
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis