News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First-time at your faire!

Started by Seleyna Eirian, February 16, 2013, 01:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seleyna Eirian

I'll be making a trip down to your faire on Closing Weekend. One of my dear friends works there and has been trying to get me to visit for years, and I'm finally going to be able to! The flight and car rental are booked, now just to figure out which garb to wear....

I can't wait to see this faire that I've heard such wonderful things about.
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

iain robb

Please forgive the slow response to your post. We're all getting fired up for opening day, and not really thinking about closing day yet.

I don't usually make it to closing day, but it looks like I will this year. I look forward to meeting you. Keep us posted on your plans!

NoBill Lurker

Just to let you know that the temps closing weekend are going to be in the 90's with humidity to match...and a lot of dust... ;)
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Tygrkat

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on February 17, 2013, 01:30:46 AM
Just to let you know that the temps closing weekend are going to be in the 90's with humidity to match...and a lot of dust... ;)
Eegads...we were thinking of coming closing weekend as well, but this gives a strong argument for coming earlier in the season....

(Eta ~ still discussing which weekend to come, but we're super excited ~ BARF was my first faire ( my husband's, too!) and it will always be a favorite!  :) )
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Seleyna Eirian

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on February 17, 2013, 01:30:46 AM

Lol, then it's a good thing that I have plenty of summer garb! Now, I just have to decide on what I want to actually bring with me..... and that's a lot to go through! :)
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

William of Ware

Hi, Wanted to say hello and that I'll be another visitor.  I'll be attending on the 30/31 and the 6/7th.   Can't wait  for temps about 50* !!!! ;D
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Prima

We will be in town for the closing weekend this year as well.   
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Seleyna Eirian

It looks like I'll only be there that Saturday... :( But Sunday is my baby sister's only day off from work while I'm in Florida, and she's in St. Augustine, so family trumps faire in that case. I cannot wait to (hopefully) meet your new faces!
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

Kate

Quote from: William of Ware on March 10, 2013, 09:21:30 PM
Hi, Wanted to say hello and that I'll be another visitor.  I'll be attending on the 30/31 and the 6/7th.   Can't wait  for temps about 50* !!!! ;D

50*? It is going to be in the upper 70s both days...
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Seleyna Eirian

Quote from: Kate on March 27, 2013, 05:46:44 AM50*? It is going to be in the upper 70s both days...

No matter the temperature, it's bound to be much better than it has been in Ohio lately!
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

Kate

Kate
Pink'n Penny

Prima

So our plans are to spend Saturday the 6th and possibly Sunday at the faire... hoping to meet some new people! 
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Kate

William of Ware it was great to meet you this weekend! Sorry we had to skip out early on Sunday, but this Hay fever got the best of me! Hope to see you again soon!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

William of Ware

Thanks Kate, and everyone else!!!!  I had a great time meeting everyone. 
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Seleyna Eirian

It was wonderful meeting everyone this past weekend! (I did mention that I was awful at keeping track of time, so I missed the Wench Walk... Next year!)

This really is a wonderful faire, and I can't wait to return next year!
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate