News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Board?

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, February 11, 2012, 03:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Could we get a Mayfaire board  in the Midwest section? With Silverleaf sadly gone, it is now the second largest faire in Michigan.

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Hello, hello, is this thing on?

Merlin the Elder

PM DeadBishop directly. I don't think admin spends much time here unless there's a problem.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 15, 2012, 05:36:10 AM
PM DeadBishop directly. I don't think admin spends much time here unless there's a problem.

lol

...or, a whine.  ;)
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Craigmeister

I had an idea for a new board today.  Could there be one for new faires?  I think it would help the small outfits gain some recognition quickly and be able to take off by leaps and bounds.  I've seen at least a half dozen small faires in and around Oklahoma that have gone the way of King Arthur recently because no one knew about them.

It's hard for the little guys to get much of an advertising budget.  The boards here would be a great way to get the word out if people knew where to look for something new.  I don't know if it should be broken down by region or if a "New Faires" page could be added to each region's board?  What would qualify as a new faire?  Maybe one that is only up to 3 - 5 years old.  After that, they may have enough of a following to have their own page.  I dunno' what the guidelines should be with that aspect.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.