News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Official Announcement - Rendezvous 2013

Started by DeadBishop, February 27, 2013, 12:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

It is with great cheer and enthusiasm that today I announce the location for Renaissancefestival.com's 2013 Rendezvous!

And the location is...

Kansas City Renaissance Festival!

We looked at some great faires for this year, and KCRF came out as the shining choice! 

Heading up the planning and organization will be our very own Butch and company!

R/F.com member since 2003

Capt Spleen

This was my very first Faire. The one that got me "hooked" back in 1994 or so.
Great cast, grounds, shops, shows, etc......
Looking forward to making this event depending upon the date chosen.

Congrats Butch and Co!

Merlin the Elder

HUZZAH!  This will be the first we can do in a single day driving!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Ms Trish

Very excited! Now to cross my fingers that it all works out to attend!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Norfolk

Hip, hip, HUZZAH!  The Duchess and I could not be more pleased.

Congratulations and well done, Butch!
Just call me "Your Grace"

eloquentXI

I might ACTUALLY be able to make this one...that, and deliver the can of Spam that was given to me a couple years ago to its next victim. It liked Texas so it decided to stay awhile! LOL

The only big conflict and most likely weekend for the invasion to happen would be Labor Day weekend...if that's the case, sorry ya'll, Meggers is out. DragonCon is always the priority that weekend.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Norfolk

Although it would be nice to have three days of Faire, choosing Labor Day for the Rendezvous would be problematic.  My wife and I attempted to book a hotel near the site LAST labor day and found that every room within an hour or so had been booked by NASCAR fans for the annual race.  I would anticipate the same conflict this year.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Need to do some arm twisting with Butch to stay away from Labor Day weekend
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Just texted with Butch - maybe Columbus day weekend (3 days BTW)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

RowenD

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 27, 2013, 04:52:28 AM
HUZZAH!  This will be the first we can do in a single day driving!
Ditto-3 hours for David and I, AND we don't have anything currently scheduled for the second weekend in October.   
  The last faire of our year is usually Riverssance in Sioux City, the first weekend in October.  It's much cooler then, and the heavy garb can come out. ^_^

Norfolk

Merlin the Elder

That would be ideal for us, I think.  It will fall between emergencies at work (yeah, I've been there long enough to know when the emergencies will occur).  Nim will get Columbo's Day off anyway.

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Well, how about that?  Thank-you for choosing us! 

I cannot announce the date yet; it has not been settled yet!  As soon as it is, we will announce it!  Also, we will be working on places to stay while visiting, as well as other perks!  So, come join us in the lanes of Canterbury this year, we will do our best to make it worth your while! 

kcdcchef

pushing HARD for Cbus day weekend. Weather is MUCH better. MUCH BETTER. Labor Day weekend, is so hot. It's like Texas in August with a TON more humidity. And it's a 3 day weekend, KCRF is open Columbus Day. Now if we plan this with the KCRF's management now, it could be pretty neat. Because they usually close early on CBus Day, like 5 instead of 7, and if we plan this they would easily make that monday longer I'm almost sure. Perhaps even something neat on the Friday nite before?

Lady Nicolette

Thanks to DB for making a choice whilst feeling unwell this week!  KC will be a great Faire to visit, let's listen to everyone local's input on the best weekend to hone in on!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

iain robb

Huzzah! I do so hope we can make this one as well.

(Columbus Day would also give us all six more weeks to save our pennies.)

HunterRose13

Well it looks like I need to get active on here again.  Barring some major schedule conflict the family and I should be available to help.  Let me know what needs doing and I'll volunteer for something.

DeadBishop

Well, if this happens Columbus Day weekend, I might actually be able to finally attend one of these things!  :P

R/F.com member since 2003

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: DeadBishop on March 01, 2013, 10:50:55 AM
Well, if this happens Columbus Day weekend, I might actually be able to finally attend one of these things!  :P

It would be a great time - DB!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on March 01, 2013, 10:54:11 AM
Quote from: DeadBishop on March 01, 2013, 10:50:55 AM

It would be a great time - DB!!

yeah since it's my weekend, i'll be there!!! ( if it's cbus day weekend! )

Ice Mage

Since my Birthday is on the 13th, it would make a great gift!
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Butch

Well, Happy Birthday Ice Mage!  We're having RenDezVous on YOUR BIRTHDAY in Kansas City!  Now, the least you could do is bless us with your company; after all, we're all gathering in your honor!  Weigh in on the other thread!

Mairte

This will be a fairly easy one for me to get to too. :)