News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend... But who is counting

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, March 01, 2013, 03:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Asha Coalfire

I can't wait!  I've been getting my costume all prepared and even have the hotel booked already!  Ren Fair is my favorite time of year!   
Arise oh Phoenix beyond the flames o're the ashes of the past to find renewed thy spirit free thy new life true and vast

Adriana Rose

Norfolk

Quote from: Asha Coalfire on March 01, 2013, 07:35:56 PM
I can't wait!  I've been getting my costume all prepared and even have the hotel booked already!  Ren Fair is my favorite time of year!

Welcome, Mistress!  It's nice to see a new face on this forum. 

Care to tell us a bit about yourself and/or your character?

Asha Coalfire

Thank you for the kind welcome!  I am Asha (Sarah to everyone not ren-fair associated  ;) )   I was so excited to find this forum so I can get to know some of the people I see around Larkspurshire every year!  I have been attending with my husband Hanz (Cory to everyone else) for the past 4 summers (we attend at least 3 times every year) and LOVE every second of it.  We love doing everything from watching all the amazing performances, to drinking and eating, and can even be seen battling the monks in chess from time to time  ;D  Hopefully we will see some of you around this summer and can make some new friends! 
Arise oh Phoenix beyond the flames o're the ashes of the past to find renewed thy spirit free thy new life true and vast

Francisco Paula

You will be seeing me standing off to the side of the big cat show keeping people back from the cute kitties

Norfolk

Welcome again, Mistress Asha! 

As you know, there is a healthy group of "regulars" in Larkspurshire, and getting to know them doubles or trebles the pleasure of attending Faire.

My wife and I are on cast as the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk.  In this role I am uncle to the queen, the father of the Earl of Surrey, godfather to Prince Edward and Earl Marshal of the Joust.  The Duchess is godmother to Princess Elizabeth. 

If you will post on this forum when you will be attending Faire, we'll keep an eye out for you.  But, if we fail to spot you, please do approach us and introduce yourselves.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Watches ou'st fur thy Duke and Duchess... thy be overly nice andz kind. Andz you knows whats thy say's 'bout nice royals? They are up to somethin no goods. :-)

My lord Toki and I used to visit every weekend now visit usually 4 times a year always on Saturdays,We did a year as Vol royal cast, found it did not fit us, so now we just play. Be it royals, courtesan, or pirate (I'm a very noble pirate if there be such a thing)

Find us if you may. The Mistress Charlotte (Face painter to the left after entering gate) Can tell you if we are there as she is always a 1st stop. The Duke and Duchess can usually tell you too as we are easy to spot... most times, just hard to find as we wonder about

See you at faire, or hope we do. Until then, Faire thee well

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Happy "double digit day" to one and all!

99 days hence, we shall gather once again inside the gates of Larkspurshire!

Blushing

For once, I don't quite mind the wait so much ... I have entirely too much to get done!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Quote from: Blushing on March 10, 2013, 05:22:51 PM
For once, I don't quite mind the wait so much ... I have entirely too much to get done!

Ready or not, here it comes!     ;D

Norfolk

Don't look now, Lords and Ladies, but we are down to

80 Days

'til canon!

Zoë

Perhaps this will be the year I get to drag the husband down. He has the kilt and therefore has no excuse not to wear it.

Ooh, and I have forgotten that I have new garb this year as well, a purchase from Santa Fe last year. I'm finally going Noble--ish, I'll be lady in waiting to the Duchesse du Gasgon. Huzzah!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Nighthawk

Scarborough's opening weekend has passed. I'm gettin' excited for Colorado!