News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is your fav hat or hat maker.

Started by 1stmatematt, July 02, 2008, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stmatematt

I thought this would be a fun thread. With all the crazy Pee-Rats running around, there are tons of awsome hats. Alot are made by the owners and some are bought from talented hat makers.

This thread is for posting pictures of your hat and to tell where you got it and to share your additions that you may have made to your hat. I will start...

My first real pirate hat. From Pirate trading company. Clay traded me this bad boy for a custom sword that I made for him with is logo and all on it. It has a hand tooled jolly roger on the side. I have not yet added much. There is now a pin from New Orleans, a original piece of 8 and a german/american pin. No feathers or anything yet. Clay is making me and me lady a matched set of felt has that we will feather the hell out of.

http://www.pyrate.org

http://www.pyrate.org for more info on their hats.

Next...
1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine

Welsh Wench

I love a really big hat with lots of feathers!

Story behind the hat--
I was walking through the faire in the red dress.
Rose at Boss Wench saw me walk by and said, "Put that hat back. Because she is going to stop in and that hat was made for her!"

I came. I saw. Yeah, I bought!

Now...ya wanna talk boots?  ;)

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Mine's a simple leather tricorn from Excalibur leather.  I've dragged it all over the states and the Caribbean, and it only gets more comfortable.

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Taffy Saltwater

A simple felt from e-Bay, but much embellished w/feather pins, pearl pins, trim, because if a little's good, then a lots better. My favorite hat maker is La Paloma, which only gives me more reason to get to TRF this season.

Sveethot!

DeadBishop

Well, I do love hats, but my favorite is probably my Excalibur tricorn.  The main reason being, it was one of their prototype hats, made before they had actually started production of that model.  I bought it the first weekend of fest, and from what I understand, they got a couple hundred requests for tricorns once people saw me wearing mine around the grounds.  It has a lot of miles on it, and makes it look all the better.

R/F.com member since 2003

maelstrom0370

Ok...here it is.....

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/images/200664%20Large.jpg

No...that's not me wearing it, but I think that hat is freakin' awesome!
Someone told me the right hat is one of the keys to a pirate and I think that one is PERfect

Obadiah Jib

My favorite hat is coming soon from Center Stage Costumes....
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

renren

My one and only...In my profile pic, from Excalibur Leather..
Can't find ant feathers that look right, maybe I'm just not a feather type?
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

We, THe Brigands, are in an odd place. We do about 50% renn faires and 50% pirate events. THe folks at the pirate events like all hands to be as period and accurate as possible, even the entertainers.  They frown upon leather hats, bucket boots,  feathers, foxtails etc etc.  Having said that, it's hard to beat Capt Jacks Pirate Hats for accuracy and having MANY styles to choose from.

One can order any style in plain felt, a treated felt and even a hat thats been treated with some kinda tar or something, which makes it impervious to rain and salt watrer ( and is actually 100% period for seamen).  I have one.

I also have a Carlisles Capt's hat, with embroidered lacing, which is my shore going hat, lest anyone not know of my station in life!

http://thebrigands.com  for pics.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

dragongirl

Personally I have a cavalier hat from Tall Toad.  However, I fell in love with the mermaid hat from blonde swan but they never responded to my email nor did they send the hat.  I finally had to grieve the purchase and have my money refunded. 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

My Fav is TALL TOAD also,I've bought several from them ,they are just a good ,comfortable hat that is well made. ;D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

mieljolie

Since I haven't made myself one, yet.  Here's mom's fav hat.  Of course it's can tabs.  ;)

Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

temper

Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

1stmatematt

Quote from: newbiehere on July 05, 2008, 08:39:40 PM
Since I haven't made myself one, yet.  Here's mom's fav hat.  Of course it's can tabs.  ;)

Now that is truely original. Neato!
1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine