News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Kansas City RenDezVous!

Started by Butch, March 05, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Trish

Quote from: Butch on August 15, 2013, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: Ms Trish on August 14, 2013, 09:12:04 PM
Quote from: Butch on August 14, 2013, 06:00:37 PM
OK, I added the count (15) for we committee members and our guests.  That's about right.

We are coming along nicely! And I've heard rumor that some people are trying to come that haven't been added to the visitor list yet!
Seriously, and all kidding aside, I don't know what you mean.  If there are some that do not have access here, pm me, and I can get them added.
No, I mean I've heard rumors of people who are trying to attend but have not yet made their intentions public. Just saying it's early in the game and we already have a nice head count going. :)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Hang on to your hats, KC!

Goodryn Anisette (from MN), Wildthingjew, Miss Katie Scarlett, and Lady Renee Buchanan (from Bristol) will arrive in their chariot on Friday afternoon for the RenDezvous!

And we all can't wait!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D :D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Renee Buchanan

P.S.  one of the performers is a personal friend of Steve and me.  He doesn't know about my visit, it's a surprise, so if any of you are my Facebook friends, please don't post anything there about us going to the Rendezvous.  He also is friends with Jamie and Katie, so shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!   ;D ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 03, 2013, 12:28:59 PM

Goodryn Anisette (from MN), Wildthingjew, Miss Katie Scarlett, and Lady Renee Buchanan (from Bristol) will arrive in their chariot on Friday afternoon for the RenDezvous!

And we all can't wait!!!

Have the authorities been notified?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 03, 2013, 01:55:58 PM

And we all can't wait!!!

We're tryin' to roll in under the radar!    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Of course, I have my usual gazillion questions.  As of now, I can only remember these.

1.  Are there group discount tickets for the 3 day weekend?  If so, how do we purchase?

2.  Is there a dinner after faire on Saturday or Sunday nights, and if there is, where is it?

3.  What is the weather supposed to be like?  How hot is "hot"?

4.  Flushables or just port a privies (medical reason for asking this)

Thanks for your help.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

iain robb

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 03, 2013, 01:55:58 PM

And we all can't wait!!!

I think they just were ...

At any rate ...

HUZZAH! It'll be good to see you again, Lady Renee, and to meet your friends!

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 04, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
Of course, I have my usual gazillion questions.  As of now, I can only remember these.

1.  Are there group discount tickets for the 3 day weekend?  If so, how do we purchase?

2.  Is there a dinner after faire on Saturday or Sunday nights, and if there is, where is it?

1. I think you will need to contact Roger Clements, Marketing and Sales Manager, @ Office Phone: (913) 721-2110 or (800) 373-0357 for information about group discounted tickets

2. Haven't heard if there is going to be a group dinner after Faire.

3. Cloak in the morning. Comfortable later in the day. Can get into the upper 70's, low 80's.

4. Two "flushies". One at the front and one at the back. Porta-pots in various locations.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Gauwyn of Bracknell

according to the hotel post, KCRF was going to give 1 free ticket for the hotel stay?  Can anyone confirm that?

I know in years past there was a discount for a group of tickets (I think 10 or more)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

One of the things I worked out with Roger was at least one ticket with every night booked at the hotel.  We are also supposed to have special1 2 and 3 day ticket packages.  I will confirm with Roger next week.  Stay tuned for this, and many other surprises!

Butch

And we all can't wait!!!

Glad you are all coming!  Before I post your count, are there any spouses coming?  Or is the count 4?

Butch

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 04, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

1.  I will have more info on this, hopefully this week.
2.  I have nothing planned for Sat or Sun.  The other planners from former RenDezVous' have said that people do not go to these.  Instead, they all form groups of their own.  We will have local guides of what is nearby.
3.  Weather?  Who knows?  Be ready for hot, or cold!
4.  There are TWO plumbed privvies in Canterbury.  They are called "Royal Privvies".  One is near the front entrance and one is near the rear entrance.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Butch on September 05, 2013, 08:19:50 PM

And we all can't wait!!!

Glad you are all coming!  Before I post your count, are there any spouses coming?  Or is the count 4?

4 is the count.  THe 4 named above.  Steve has to work at the restaurant. 
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Merlin the Elder

Who is Roger?  We are staying at that hotel, but booked outside of the call-in, since AARP was a little cheaper... That may bite me on the arse on the tickets, but plan to attend all 3 days...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Edmund Howard

Looks like it will be just me (aka Wheatie) and the missus (now Lady Joyce).  My son (aka "the fool") and his wife (aka "the lady in white") can't get time off.  Or, more correctly, he managed to get one day off but he's going to use it to work the lanes at Santa Fe.