News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Kansas City RenDezVous!

Started by Butch, March 05, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Quote from: Edmund Howard on September 06, 2013, 11:31:38 AM
Looks like it will be just me (aka Wheatie) and the missus (now Lady Joyce).  My son (aka "the fool") and his wife (aka "the lady in white") can't get time off.  Or, more correctly, he managed to get one day off but he's going to use it to work the lanes at Santa Fe.

Huzzah, Brother!  The Duchess and I look forward to seeing you both there.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Spleen

Butch,
Tally Capt Spleen + 5, for 2013 KC RenDezVous !!!!!

PerpArrrrrr ter' bee boArrrr-ded.....Arrrrrrrr!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Edmund Howard on September 06, 2013, 11:31:38 AM
Looks like it will be just me (aka Wheatie) and the missus (now Lady Joyce).  My son (aka "the fool") and his wife (aka "the lady in white") can't get time off.  Or, more correctly, he managed to get one day off but he's going to use it to work the lanes at Santa Fe.
Regardless, it will be good to see you and the Lady Joyce once again! ...and SPLEEN! Norfolk, we didn't get a chance to get to know you as well. We'll make up for that this trip.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

[/quote]
...and SPLEEN! Norfolk, we didn't get a chance to get to know you as well. We'll make up for that this trip.
[/quote]

Indeed we shall!

Butch

Wow!  Our numbers are really rising!  We're over 60 now; I was expecting around 75, and we're almost there!

Butch

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 06, 2013, 09:22:28 AM
Who is Roger?  We are staying at that hotel, but booked outside of the call-in, since AARP was a little cheaper... That may bite me on the arse on the tickets, but plan to attend all 3 days...
Roger is the Roger Clements, KCRF Sales Director.  He's the one who is working with us to coordinate the deals for our RenDezVous!

Butch

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 04, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
3.  What is the weather supposed to be like?  How hot is "hot"?

I just looked up the averages on the weather channel.  Avg high is 70, avg low is 50.  Records are about 15 above and below that.  As I recall last year was still warm, like mid 70s.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 12, 2013, 10:26:03 AM

I just looked up the averages on the weather channel.  Avg high is 70, avg low is 50.  Records are about 15 above and below that.  As I recall last year was still warm, like mid 70s.

Butch, do you remember last year when we came the first weekend in October?  It was upper 20's when we tailgated and got up to a little over 40 by mid day??
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 12, 2013, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: Butch on September 12, 2013, 10:26:03 AM

Butch, do you remember last year when we came the first weekend in October?  It was upper 20's when we tailgated and got up to a little over 40 by mid day??
Was that Columbus Day weekend?  It WAS chilly that day!  I remember loaning the heavy wool cloaks to the Young Bracknellites, who decided that Cartoon Network was calling their name!  That was a good day though; spending it with you and the missus!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It was the weekend before Columbus (it was M'Lady's birthday)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 12, 2013, 02:08:14 PM
It was the weekend before Columbus (it was M'Lady's birthday)

Nothing below 60 degrees please! I will freeze!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Norfolk

Last year during Columbus Weekend, the Duchess and I were in KC as guest cast.  WE FROZE OUR BUNS!!  However, as a fetching lass at Scarby once informed me, there is no such thing as bad festival weather; merely inappropriate clothing.

WeatherUnderground.com, my favorite weather source, provides the following data for the period 11-15 Oct for Bonner Springs:
Avg High: 67
Avg Low 47
Chance of precip:  36%

PERFECT for noble garb!!

Merlin the Elder

I don't mind the cold at all, and in fact, welcome it.  Two years ago at opening weekend of Sherwood Forest, we got a touch of sleet. The same weekend the year prior, it was in mid-80s.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

I will take cold any day over nearly 100 degrees with nearly 100 percent humidity. And that temperature range does sound ideal for noble garb.

Norfolk

Quote from: iain robb on September 13, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
I will take cold any day over nearly 100 degrees with nearly 100 percent humidity. And that temperature range does sound ideal for noble garb.

Spot on!!!