News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Kansas City RenDezVous!

Started by Butch, March 05, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

NO WEAPONS TO BE WORN at this Faire!  I keep forgetting to post this.  Peace tying is NOT ok!  They do not allow weapons, so don't hassle with bringing them, just leave them at home.  Last year, one of the extra picky ticket collectors wouldn't let my son Michael bring his shoemaker toolbelt in because it had sharp pointy scissors.

So, please, if you wear weapons as part of your garb (and for you Pirates out there, a toy flintlock is a weapon), please heed my words, and leave your weapons outside the gates.

Merlin the Elder

My staff would not be considered as such, would it?  I have been quizzed about it before at one of the faires...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 15, 2013, 06:00:14 PM
My staff would not be considered as such, would it?  I have been quizzed about it before at one of the faires...

I have taken my walking stick in with no issue.

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 15, 2013, 06:00:14 PM
I wouldn't be concerned, Merlin.  It should be fine.

iain robb

May I take in my rapier wit if I'm tongue-tied? :P

Rowan MacD

Walking sticks (as long as they don't have a point) are fine Merlin...

Remembered from my last visit:
   As has been said-NO weapons, and that includes 'decorative' axes, knives or anything that appears to be a weapon.   I think that includes those little eating daggers, but I'm not sure.  Really depends on if the gate police see them.   Don't bother.
   You can buy weapons on site- but they will be kept at the gate until you leave.   Wooden toy weapons are OK.

Note: They are only slightly more lenient with alcohol.   I have had friends bring
   a tankard of beer through the gate on one day, and be told they couldn't on the next.   I'm not sure if they spot check flasks, but I wouldn't be surprised-the drinks are expensive inside and they want you to pay for them.  To my eye, the booze checks were kind of arbitrary.   You probably have a better chance going in when the line is long and they want to get it moving.
   Don't even ask to bring anything in if they challenge you.   They will not make exceptions once they have determined to keep you from bringing it in. 

The only other faire hubby and I will be going to this year will be Riverssance in Sioux City 5-6 of October, and then only for one day if the weather is nice.   We have been going out of town practically every weekend since mid august for family events, Clan Games or Faire.  Faire is the only thing we do just for fun, so we cut expenses there first.  Gate is only $10.00 to get in, and the lodging is cheap.  We still have Games to work, and another out of town birthday to attend this month. 
  We have already turned down free tickets to KCRF  for this weekend for a wedding, because it conflicts with one of the the other commitments we have made.
   Post lots of pics from the KC gathering!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

gem

We have had staves (walking sticks) challenged, and have been told by merchants selling them that they must be walked to the gates. If you need it to walk with, bring it--but otherwise, better safe than sorry. I have a curtain rod with a leaf-shaped finial, painted to look like a spear, that's been turned away. (My shield, however, has been no issue.)

Insurance doesn't want patrons poking OR smacking each other.  ;)

Ms Trish

Merlin's wizard's staff is pretty spectacular. Would be a shame to not be able to carry it out at faire.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Butch

Ticket specials. 
I spoke with Roger over the weekend.  He has guaranteed ONE complimentary ticket PER ROOM PER NIGHT at the Super 8.
He also says that 1 day passes are $19.95, 2 day passes are $30, and 3 day passes are $30.  So why buy a 2 day pass?  I'm not sure if he hands out 3 of the tickets, or if there is something else special; I imagine it will be 3 tickets.

No word yet on anything else (well, that isn't a secret!)

More to come as we learn more!

Ask questions, though!  I don't want to forget anything!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ms Trish on September 17, 2013, 06:55:41 PM
Merlin's wizard's staff is pretty spectacular. Would be a shame to not be able to carry it out at faire.
Why do women always focus on my staff? It's embarrassing...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on September 18, 2013, 12:04:12 AM
Quote from: Ms Trish on September 17, 2013, 06:55:41 PM
Why do women always focus on my staff? It's embarrassing...

Well, it IS Trish  ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Butch on September 17, 2013, 09:41:38 PM
Ticket specials. 
I spoke with Roger over the weekend.  He has guaranteed ONE complimentary ticket PER ROOM PER NIGHT at the Super 8.
He also says that 1 day passes are $19.95, 2 day passes are $30, and 3 day passes are $30.  So why buy a 2 day pass?  I'm not sure if he hands out 3 of the tickets, or if there is something else special; I imagine it will be 3 tickets.

Will you have a spot for signing up for tickets?
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Butch

Quote from: Ms Trish on September 18, 2013, 08:38:04 AM
Quote from: Butch on September 17, 2013, 09:41:38 PM
Ticket specials. 

Will you have a spot for signing up for tickets?
I don't think so; I believe it will be done on site.  If anything changes, I will announce it here.

Butch

On another thread, Cowgrrl post that she and Al-Nimer will not be making it this year.  We regret that we will not have the pleasure of their company at our event.

Merlin the Elder

Yeah, that bums me out. That leaves the only Texas Rennie as Elo, if she's still coming.  Although we're Scarbites, we aren't from Texas...