News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Kansas City RenDezVous!

Started by Butch, March 05, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 23, 2013, 06:48:33 PM
I saw those... wish there was a Hampton at that spot. There's one over by the track, but much more expensive. I have enough points to stay for free, however. That may override all other considerations....

there is a Hampton in Shawnee Mission that is maybe 20 minutes from faire, we stayed there a few years back.  It was reasonable. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Butch on March 24, 2013, 12:22:04 PM
How did the "White Elephant" exchange go last year?  I mean, how successful was it?  I'm thinking Saturday night may be a good night for it, since not everyone will make it to the Friday night get-together.

I don't remember doing a white elephant exchange. Did we have one??
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on March 25, 2013, 02:27:25 PM
Quote from: Butch on March 24, 2013, 12:22:04 PM
How did the "White Elephant" exchange go last year?  I mean, how successful was it?  I'm thinking Saturday night may be a good night for it, since not everyone will make it to the Friday night get-together.

I don't remember doing a white elephant exchange. Did we have one??

Wow, must have been a great time  ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Sir Ironhead

I didn't see any white elephants at the resturant we were at that Friday and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fit if there were any. 

Saw some pink flying elephants later that night just before passing out, I mean before I went to sleep.  But being a M'Crack I figured that was normal.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Ms Trish

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on March 25, 2013, 07:54:56 PM
I didn't see any white elephants at the resturant we were at that Friday and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fit if there were any. 

Saw some pink flying elephants later that night just before passing out, I mean before I went to sleep.  But being a M'Crack I figured that was normal.

Oh! Was he referring to the gift thingy from the CORF RenDezvous?

Butch

Yes!  The gifty-thingee!  I understand it WAS NOT at NC last year; I beg your pardon!  I'm thinking Saturday night, we'll have a gift exchange.  Was it fun at the CO get together?  I missed the Friday night stuff out there!

Merlin the Elder

It was fun for me! I walked away with the Jack Daniel's! Who would have thought, eh?

No, we didn't do it in Carolina...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ah, yes, that is when I got the "Plague" -
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on March 26, 2013, 05:47:05 AM

Nope, Plague was from me as part of the Ball we did over the weekend.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on March 26, 2013, 06:15:40 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on March 26, 2013, 05:47:05 AM

Nope, Plague was from me as part of the Ball we did over the weekend.

Yes, I am confused.  I thought that is what we were talking about.  Now I remember the Saturday thing (I am surprised I actually summoned the brain cells that held that info :) )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Francisco Paula

My better half and i are thinking of coming.

Have to see on the funds after a family reunion in july (still can't believe she talked me into going to dallas in july)

Ms Trish

Quote from: Francisco Paula on March 26, 2013, 09:57:46 AM
My better half and i are thinking of coming.

Have to see on the funds after a family reunion in july (still can't believe she talked me into going to dallas in july)

Would be fun to see you guys there! (Although I am *crossing fingers* hopefully going to make an appearance at CORF this year!)

Capt Spleen

At RenDezVous 2011 - CoRF (Colorado), the meet N Greet had a gift exchange I called the Ren Elephant.

It was held at RockYard Brewery, on the outside deck, we had a special guest that turned out to be Kimberly Stockton.

The gifts were provided at no charge (There were gifts, some new, some old (from estate sales) and some were flubs,, some had a ren theme and others did not,  but the interaction it created with people who only knew of eachother online was priceless in my organizer assistant estimation.

Merlin the Elder

It was an awesome event that Captain Spleen and Blushing put on. Huge fun. HUGE!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I am still cleaning the powder from my face  (remember the horn  :D )

I agree, Spleen and Blushing did a great job.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell