News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Kansas City RenDezVous!

Started by Butch, March 05, 2013, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

LOL! No, I had forgotten the horn gag!  Lots of fun times that night!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Zoë

I never did put together that model replica pirate ship I ended up with after the Ren Elephant....in fact I think it stayed in my trunk for a good long while until I pawned it off on my little brother who is far better at putting those things together than I am.

As for this year's Rendezvous, it is a good time of year and close enough for me to drive in that direction in one day, but unfortunately I won't be able to commit yet to attending this year, as that time is going to be pretty darn close to the arrival of Baby Zoe...but you never know. Perhaps with a doctor's blessing I will be able to join in the fun.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Butch

Zoe, I will not add you to the list; BUT I hope to see you this year!!

I met with the sales director of the KCRF today, and let me tell you, KCRF is VERY supportive of our RenDezVous in Oct!  Attendees will see some great benefits this year!  SURPRISE!

Sir Ironhead

Add me to the list as a definate maybe. 
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Butch on April 15, 2013, 04:13:56 PM
Zoe, I will not add you to the list; BUT I hope to see you this year!!

I met with the sales director of the KCRF today, and let me tell you, KCRF is VERY supportive of our RenDezVous in Oct!  Attendees will see some great benefits this year!  SURPRISE!

I heard that they were picking up the tab for hotels, and will be offering free ale, but that might have just been a rumour.

Butch

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 15, 2013, 08:07:50 PM

I heard that they were picking up the tab for hotels, and will be offering free ale, but that might have just been a rumour.

Not QUITE that nice, but you'll be surprised at what they're gonna do for us!

Merlin the Elder

Heheh... I'm such a kidder... Butch, it's great all you're doing for this!  Remind me to buy you a cookie!  :P  ;D  Seriously...thanks!

iain robb

Well, we were quite positive about the odds that we would be at KC, then doubtful for a bit. But after seeing what kind of tax return we're supposed to get, we're definite.

Especially since Merlin said he's paying for the ale all weekend.

Merlin the Elder

Whoops!  Sorry! All of the ale is now dripping from my monitor... You're SOL, my young friend!  :o  ::)  :P  ;D

Francisco Paula

and i thought Merlin was buying all the Jack for the weekend

Butch

Quote from: iain robb on April 17, 2013, 06:03:09 AM
Well, we were quite positive about the odds that we would be at KC, then doubtful for a bit. But after seeing what kind of tax return we're supposed to get, we're definite.

Iain, when you say "we", how many should I add for our count?  Thank-you for coming, and congrats on the tax return!

iain robb

Quote from: Butch on April 17, 2013, 08:41:03 PM
Quote from: iain robb on April 17, 2013, 06:03:09 AM

Iain, when you say "we", how many should I add for our count?  Thank-you for coming, and congrats on the tax return!

Well, the tax return is more the government's doing, though I hate giving them credit for anything. Especially since at least 50 percent of the time they contact me to say I did my taxes wrong and owe them money, and I have to get back in touch with them and explain to the IRS how our tax status works. And since I haven't actually seen the return yet, this could be the year they don't believe me and insist on counting my income twice.

Anyway, to answer the question, two. My wife and I.

iain robb

Oh, and I just noticed I am on the list alone twice, so you just have to adjust the name and not the count.

Marietta Graziella

We also will be receiving a delightful return from Uncle Sam. Looks like my husband, TheVexedViscount, and I will be in attendance.  ;D

Oh, and the ren elephant exchange at CORF was a marvelously fun surprise. The gifts ranged from seriously holy cow amazing to hilariously OMG unusual. I took home a really great beer mug with ren clad chaps on it. It is happily housed in our pub and is used regularly!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 18, 2013, 07:32:34 AM...
Oh, and the ren elephant exchange at CORF was a marvelously fun surprise. The gifts ranged from seriously holy cow amazing to hilariously OMG unusual. I took home a really great beer mug with ren clad chaps on it. It is happily housed in our pub and is used regularly!

That bottle of Jack Daniel's that I walked away at the exchange with never made it out of Colorado.  I don't drink anymore. I don't drink any less, either.

EDIT: As for your assumption that my Lady Nimue will be with me, that is correct.  She's my American Express. I don't leave home without her.