News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question

Started by Ratman and Bobin, July 02, 2008, 02:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratman and Bobin

I have a question for you all.  This is our first visit to Great Lakes, and in getting out garb, I am wondering if I should plan for mud?  The rain looks to be moving out on Thursday, but I do not know how quickly the shire will dry out? What do you all think?   ???
Cheers!
Bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

Professor M

You'll probably be OK, but I've never heard of anyone who was sorry that they planned.  I've been there when there were a few squishy spots, so it may be prudent to plan for mud.  My bet is the parking area will be much worse than the shire itself.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Quiet One

Professor M is right.  The parking lot might be the worst, depending on how much rain we get.  Most of the walkways are crushed limestone or small gravel.  Depending on what they added to the game area, I seem to remember standing water off the side of the pathway and soft spots between there and the Drift Inn Pub.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

uhurainmi

we are new to your faire as well. Coming from Pinconning Michigan

we are needing a hotel nearby and read the Howard Johnson was full. Can you recommend a nearby TOWN  that has hotels and we will find one Friday afternoon.

thanks,

Cindy and Paul
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

DuCoeur

Plan for mud...especially if they have had rain recently...Thats why I wear the Tall Boots...lol.

Uhrainml>>>  Try looking in Austinburg...about 20 minutes from Faire but the have quite a few hotels...
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

uhurainmi

Thanks DuCouer,

Austinburg it is. I am getting so excited reading how excited you all are getting. And I don't even know you. We might show up for dinner at Ferrante's as posted.
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.