News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New! 1st annual Plattsmouth Harvest Renaissance Festival- Sept 6-7

Started by RowenD, March 10, 2013, 08:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowenD

1st annual Plattsmouth Harvest Renaissance Festival-Info posted from FB Renaissance Performer and Merchants page

First I've heard of this, but I'm all about new Faires in Nebraska!
Not sure who is hosting this, or where this came from.   Anybody know anything about it?

I'm checking my schedule to see if this conflicts with anything other than one weekend of DMRF. 
This one is only about 30 minutes away from us-admission is free-so does not look like will have a joust, but worth a drop in.

http://harvestrenaissancefestival.webs.com/

Greetings Good Lords and Ladies!

Welcome To The First Annual Harvest Renaissance Festival! A Renaissance Festival Addition to our Plattsmouth Harvest Festival! A New Tradition in KornLand! Welcome to the Realm of Madoria!

Butch

Plattsmouth, eh?  My dad used to live there when I was growing up.  Mid 60's thru the 70's.  I remember the King Korn Karnival they used to have there!  My uncle used to have a barber shop in downtown. 

All that said, I'm probably not gonna make it for that; it is opening weekend of the KCRF.

Rowan MacD

This is one of the weekends of the DMRF too, but I'm splitting that weekend, since this is only 30 minutes from my house, and I like to support small, new faires. 
   I figure they will be happy to see a couple more costumed folk turn up, and if it's a bust, we go home.
   As for KCRF-A lot depends on the weather; call me spoiled, but I don't do very cold, very wet, or very hot.  We have been Playtrons for a few years now, not performers, so we don't see the point in paying $20.00 a head at the gate, plus lodging, gas, and a 3 hour drive to be miserable.  I'm not that dedicated to faire ;D
   In the case of less that perfect weather, the Rendevous crowd seems to prefer sitting in a pub, which is not our thing.   David is a Teetotaler, and I don't drink at faire (especially KCRF prices).   

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

I hope to see you someday!  Until we meet in person, I guess catching glimpses of you now and then in cyberspace will have to do!

Rowan MacD

That would be grand! 
   We still haven't ruled out KCRF, but it will depend on the weather that weekend, and if something else comes up...family has been having heath issues this last year.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

I did verify this is going on 6-7th on the Eagles lodge property. (right off HWY 75) 
Per discussion with the FB page (since they didn't answer emails), they apparently  had an issue with the Harvest festival-I don't know if it was that the folks didn't want the faire associated with them or what. 
  But even though the site was taken down they will have a Renn fest of some sort- admission free.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

OK.  We decided to drop by this 'faire' in mundane clothing to see what they had....
   It was very tiny, located in back of the Eagles lodge on a small bit of grassy area under some trees, about the size of a good sized back yard and surrounded by some snow fencing. 
   From the Shopko parking lot where we left our car-we walked up to what appeared to be a gate-A plywood box containing a girl dressed as a belly dancer with a cash box with 'Realm of Madoria' painted on a piece of wood over her head.
   Other than a dry erase board nearby with prices for beer tent tickets; there were no signs saying anything about gate admission, and the website (since taken down) had said it was free. 
   We walked up to the box to ask directions.  There was a woman ahead of us who was there to see one of the vendors, and the girl in the plywood box told us they were charging $10.00 to get in.
   $10.00 !?
   What the gate fee is supposed to pay for; I honestly don't know.  Looks like they had maybe 4-5 vendors and a beer tent (which they were charging extra for) and nothing else.  No entertainment, no stages and the few garbed people wandering around appeared to be your average Playtrons in Halloween costumes.
   We declined to pay, and left.   

James Arthur Vineyards already hosts a mini renaissance faire in the spring with much more to offer (and also no entertainment) and it's free.   

IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Rowan MacD

Update: I understand they have FB page.  I did not see it until after we got home, and then only after making a focused search for it.  It was then that I found out they actually had a name for the fest.
   Once again, I have to point out they did little to no advertising (at least outside of Plattsmouth, and FB)
   If they decide to do this next year, they need to get much more organized, and get the word out.
IWG wench #3139