News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oklahoma Renaissance Festival 2008

Started by Friar Rohn the Chronicler, July 03, 2008, 12:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

Here's a link to my photo album taken at this year's Oklahoma Renaissance Festival held at The Castle at Muskogee.....

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/okrenfest/

PS - Lots of photos, around 1,850 of them.

Scevola

Quote from: Friar Rohn the Chronicler on July 03, 2008, 12:53:30 AM
Here's a link to my photo album taken at this year's Oklahoma Renaissance Festival held at The Castle at Muskogee.....

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/okrenfest/

PS - Lots of photos, around 1,850 of them.

A kilted furry!!! :o :o :o with a muzzle!!!  :o :o :o

Awsome pics Friar!  I've wanted to go to this faire for a while now. 

Aahhhh yes, Byron T. Bear was one of the kid's favorite acts. I have far more photos of Byron than what is seen. I left out a additional 500-700 photos that were considered "family photos" from my niece's school class on Student's Day. I went several weekends taking photos of mostly the volunteers and the night before the final day, I ran off 50 copies of the double DVD sets for the players (they earned them). The Castle upgrades more and more every year in buildings and new venues and I was amazed on how much it had changed and improved since the last time I had gone to it.
      Next year (well, until the next big get-together at The Boare's Head Feast) I plan on taking twice as many photos. I just upgraded my camera from Sony F828 to a Canon 40D, although a much "heavier" camera.....much more detail.

PS - For more information about Byron T. Bear, you can go to:

www.byronbear.com

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Friar, your pictures were most enjoyable. Thank you! :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Thanks...I appreciate it. There were so many. This year I was able to go for only two weekends. Next year, I will be more prepared....the oklahoma allergy season and and a nephew who had the nerve to have his graduation during the RenFest.

RumbaRue

I looked through all 83 pictures. Couple of suggestions: There's a lot of double pictures there that could be removed. Also, there's a lot of pictures that show pretty much the same thing that could be removed.

Geeze there sure are a lot of people in just the wrong thing to wear.
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

OK, you got me there. GUILTY AS SIN! I always post everything. Mainly for the players because they may like a expression in one photo and not another. I put those online for them to snatch for emails, FaceBook, MySpace and whatever else. I also dropped off 50 sets of DVDs on the last day for "first come, first served".

Plus......I highly agree with you on the "questionable" standards of dress at our Festival. I quit going for a few years because it became "too Gothic" for my taste. Now, it seems to be a healthy balance of Renaissance, Pirates, and some fantasy characters. It always seems to go along the lines of whatever the popular movie for the year is playing. I do have one particular memory of sitting in the shade having lunch when this one woman walked by and......well, let me just say that if you a are overweight and wear a bodice 3-5 times too small without a chemise. That fat bulging out between the strings  on her spine looks too much like Mediterranean Sausage trussed up with string and hanging in a Italian Meat Shop window. Now I myself am a Porker....so I can judge that it was just really bad bad taste (but wished I got a shot anyway).

As for myself, this year I just wore the normal street clothes. I have ordered a new friar's suit but it hasn't arrived yet from the Ukraine. My 11 year old nephew loves going too and I just ordered his first new suit to be made but I've still have to buy some of the material to ship down to the seamstress. Next, we will order his boots, chains of office, and various other accessories to make sure he will completely set up by The Boare's Heade Feaste in a few months. We were thinking about him being a official volunteer next year but that got shot down in flames yesterday when they said I would have to stay with him at his "post" the entire time (which spoils my fun being The Chronicler). His suit is pure renaissance style that we chose based on The Tudors. Both suits will be based on the doublet and slops style. One a blue nobleman style and the other a green hunter style. When he outgrows them someday, we'll probably donate them to the lady who runs a rental costume shop at the faire.