News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trip Planning for this June

Started by RenStarr, March 20, 2013, 12:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

Merlin they will only be about 11 months old

RenStarr

The trip plans are coming together.  Actually we're going to be going a week earlier than what I thought, so we're planning on being there on Saturday for opening day!  Looking forward to seeing CRF and what it has to offer, as well as shaking a few hands from those of you here on RF.   ;D   
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Norfolk

The Duchess and I are delighted to hear it, RenStarr, and we are looking very much forward to welcoming you to Larkspurshire.  We are confident that you will find a great deal to your liking in our little village.

As I have previously mentioned, His Majesty keeps us well occupied during a typical festival day, but we do hope you will flag us down long enough to introduce yourself and your companions.

To that end, you will find our likeness here:
http://www.slickpic.com/u/DanielHammond/ColoradoRenaissanceFestival/photo#2709157

In the interim, safe travels to you and yours.

Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

RenStarr

http://www.pygmypony.net/SFRF10/SFRF10-8/images/100_4909_jpg.jpg

Norfolk, here is a link to a photo that was taken of me (glasses on) and one of my faire buddies Teach from the first season at Sherwood.  Thought I should post something since I haven't put anything on my profile.  I'll be looking for you and the  Duchess.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Norfolk

Grammercy, RenStarr!  We will be on the lookout for you.  Will you be wearing the same outfit?

Merlin the Elder

RenStarr, check for Norfolk and his bride on the parapets as the gates prepare to open! I hope you get together. You are both quite cordial chaps!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 04, 2013, 06:47:58 PM
RenStarr, check for Norfolk and his bride on the parapets as the gates prepare to open! I hope you get together. You are both quite cordial chaps!

Merlin, you are very kind.

RenStarr

Quote from: Norfolk on April 04, 2013, 01:38:27 PM
Grammercy, RenStarr!  We will be on the lookout for you.  Will you be wearing the same outfit?
Norfolk, I'll be on the lookout for you also.  Wearing:  these days........black kilt, crimson shirt, black leather flat hat.

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 04, 2013, 06:47:58 PM
Merlin, thanks for the kind words. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder

RenStarr, make sure you check the date of opening on the CoRF website. It seems that the date that was published on this forum was a week off.  Just a heads up.

RenStarr

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 05, 2013, 03:54:19 PM
RenStarr, make sure you check the date of opening on the CoRF website. It seems that the date that was published on this forum was a week off.  Just a heads up.

Merlin,  I saw that post about the dates being off on this forum.  I was looking at the CRF web site.  I'm planning on opening cannon on the 15th. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder

Good deal! Beautiful faire, lots of nice people, one arse, and uphill all the way...

Zoë

Sorry to be late to this conversation, but I live in Estes. Delaney has about the right of it--it is very expensive to stay here in the summer but there are some decently priced places you can find. Avoid the Stanley except for a tour. Crowded, rooms are small, and grossly overpriced for that time of year. You'd do much better staying at one of the cabins in the area or even out at the YMCA as they have some very nice cabins and houses to rent for reasonable prices--especially if you have a little one staying with you. Assuming you haven't already made your reservations I'd be happy to supply you with a list of some of the cheaper places in town. Also be warned that the road from the Beaver Meadows RMNP entrance to Bear Lake is undergoing serious construction right now and will only be accessible by shuttle bus during the summer, which makes it, in my opinion, not worth the trip. We have been avoiding our favorite spots for a year now because the traffic just makes it no fun. Go to the Moraine Park entrance instead. Let me know if you need information on anywhere else in town!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Zoë

Oh yes, and be warned that parking downtown is a right monster in the summer unless you manage to find a spot before oh, say, 9am. My advice would be to park at the Visitor Center at the corner of Highway 36/34 as there are usually spots there to be found and the walk to downtown is not very long. There is usually a shuttle bus that ferries people from the Stanley Fairgrounds to downtown as well. Otherwise there are a few other lots (such as the post office) that offer 3 hour parking and are usually not terribly full. The parking police here are very strict though and they will nab you if you are in a 3 hour lot for more than 3 hours.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

There are also some neat things in Colorado Springs, south of the faire.  Many of them are great for quick-hits, if you will, and you might  be able to cram a few things in to one day (Seven Falls and the Cave of the Winds have been hits when my family and friends visit).  Garden of the Gods is beautiful, and during the week it isn't too crowded.  There are also easy hikes in the park.  Sadly, some of my favorite local trails remain closed due to the fire last summer, and the burn scar is still obvious.

I hope to meet you and your family when you visit!  If I'm at faire, I'll be working at the journals booth near the mermaid fountain.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

RenStarr

Zoe:  We've already made a reservation at a place on the Thompson river, Brynwood is the name of the place.  Cabin, pool for our granddaughter, close to RMNP, on the river, etc.  Some of the things we were wanting.  We'll be there during the week, so hopefully the traffic in the park won't be to bad.  Thanks for the response!  Got any good suggestions on local brew pubs?  I believe someone already posted about one (I'll need to back track the thread and make notes).

Blushing:  I'll make it a point to stop by and say hello.  I remember chatting with you for a few minutes at TRF a couple of years back at a RF meet n greet around midday.   You invited me to make rendezvous that was at CFR the following year.  Well I couldn't make it happen then, but we're stopping in for opening day since we're going to be in the area.  So here's an invite from me, try to attend Sherwood at sometime in the near future.  Opening weekend is always a good time.  We get to see that Merlin fellow on opening weekend when he and his lovely spouse conduct their own mini invasion.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.