News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shall we meet somewhere?

Started by Oswyn Fenecote, March 22, 2013, 08:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otwell Throckmorton

Can't wait it all sounds good!  Met some wonderful people last season the couple times we went!  Got bit by the "bug" Grabbed FoF passes this year!  Would love to meet more of you!
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
"Beware the barrenness of a busy life"
- Socrates

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 26, 2013, 05:24:13 AM
I could use a coffee after all the ale for pre-breakfast... pre-cannon.

That's where Sherry and I head almost every time! I think Saturday she wants to head straight to the hair braids. But, I do so hope we can meet some time!!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ryk Rakham on March 27, 2013, 05:01:42 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 26, 2013, 05:24:13 AM
I could use a coffee after all the ale for pre-breakfast... pre-cannon.

That's where Sherry and I head almost every time! I think Saturday she wants to head straight to the hair braids. But, I do so hope we can meet some time!!

There is this matter of priorities.... ::)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

eloquentXI

Once upon a time, we had a Meet n' Greet at one of the pubs, if I remember right. Unfortunately, going to faire isn't an every weekend kind of thing for me anymore, so I can't take charge of that. I try to see as many people I can in the morning at tailgate, especially this coming Saturday, as its been way too long since I've seen everyone.

There are so many new faces around here, it's great. :)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

FoxFire

I'd love to be able to meet up somewhere. In all of my years of going to Faires, I've sadly done little socializing.  I'll be there with the family in tow opening weekend. I'll see if I can herd them in the direction of either the bakery or the pub at the agreed upon times. Hope to see you there!

Merlin the Elder

Hurry and post a pic, FoxFire, so we know who to keep an eye out for.

Oswyn Fenecote

Well hell, I didn't know about the tailgate thing, until after I posted this! Of all my years attending Scarby, I guess I'm like FOxFIre in that  I haven't socialized much. I guess I'll still be at the Sea Hag around 2 if anyone wants to, but I'll definitely see you at the TG partayyyy! :D
Oswyn Fenecote

skitter

Oswyn, I must have missed you yesterday at the preview . . .

I will try to be at the tailgate, and will plan on 2pm at the Sea Hag Pub . . . I'll be flitting around with Faire ADHD.  :)

Also, I sometimes get shy about introducing myself . . . but I'm quite friendly.  I'll be in blue skirt and green bodice, and will likely still have a very sunburned face. :)

Lady Kaalyn

I have my schedule ill be working almost everyweekend, looks like ill be off work by 4-5 most days.  Cant wait to see everyone.  I will prolly not make it to the meetings durring the day but if we plan something a bit later ill be there.
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire

Merlin the Elder

Where will you be working, Lady Kaalyn?

Oswyn Fenecote

no, skitter, i was unable to attend yesterday. i had to move. :( to have missed yesterday rather than next weekend! hehe i will try to say hello- i can be shy too- but i think my costumne makes me more outgoing. :) blue skirt, green bodice, sunburn face- got it. that should be easy enuff. :D

i need to lay off the sewin or my hands will be tooo caloused to pass as a noble! hehe
Oswyn Fenecote

skitter

Quote from: Oswyn Fenecote on April 01, 2013, 12:56:19 PM
no, skitter, i was unable to attend yesterday. i had to move. :( to have missed yesterday rather than next weekend! hehe i will try to say hello- i can be shy too- but i think my costumne makes me more outgoing. :) blue skirt, green bodice, sunburn face- got it. that should be easy enuff. :D

i need to lay off the sewin or my hands will be tooo caloused to pass as a noble! hehe

Aw, that sucks that you had to miss it, but at least you'll be there for opening weekend!

I've been sewing like crazy, too . . . I still need to make myself a new hat. :)

FoxFire

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 01, 2013, 05:47:24 AM
Hurry and post a pic, FoxFire, so we know who to keep an eye out for.

Alas, I have no faire pictures available to post, but be I'll gladly provide a general description: blonde hair, probably will be topped with a feather garland and disgracefully short for faire, red dress and tapestry DitD tapestry bodice, I will have the family with me, so I will have a spritely lass in green, a tiny squire, and my partner who is brunette and will be in a wine colored ren shirt and black piratey pants. Two dead giveaways though, I wear a plethora of tails, and depending on what I decide, I may have a stroller disguised as a dragon for the tiny squire. I made the disguise last year for Muskogee, and haven't decided yet if we will be using it this year for scarby or renting a wagon to haul him about in. So in short, if you see a wench in said garb with disgraceful hair under siege by a two child army, possibly pushing a dragon, that's me! We will also try to stop by the pre-cannon tailgate as well.

Lady Kaalyn

Merlin I will be working in special events. 
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire

*Teach*

I am a shy one too. I have a very hard time talking to new people.
<snort>
I almost typed all of that without laughing.
Never fear introducing yourself Skitter. Most of us don't bite unless asked.

*rum is a helpful anti-shy tool*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com