News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How Medieval is GLMF?

Started by uhurainmi, July 03, 2008, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uhurainmi

Disclaimer: I looked over the four pages of posts. I believe this IS  a new topic.

Hi,
I'm going to a new faire out of state this weekend. It's the Great Lakes Medieval Faire in OH.

Anyone know HOW MEDIEVAL they are?
Their posted pictures are mostly of wench types and performers...a few pirates. I only saw a few Tudor/Eliz. gowns.

I want to wear my new 1570's Venetian, but I'm having garb anxiety and we leave in the morning.

Thank you for you input,
Cindy
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

Scotsman

It is down-right Medieval!

Seriously, dress how you like ... I think this faire, as with most, you will see a little of everything though. The most important thing is to leave the 21st Century at the gate and to party like it is 1599!
It is all about fun ... my three pence.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

isabelladangelo

I have yet to see a Faire that has resrtictions on what the playtrons can wear.  Although, decent looking clothing should be inforced, I see very little wrong with wearing a Venetian at any faire.  Just say you are an ambassador is anyone gives you any flack about it.   ;)

gem

I agree with Isabella.  You have a gown you're dying to wear, and since you probably can't (won't) wear it to work/the grocery store/your next dentist appointment... any fair is the *perfect* opportunity!  Don't miss it. :)

Quiet One

Even tho' Great Lakes is called MEDIEVAL, in all the years I've been going I've seen garb from all time periods.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

uhurainmi

THANK YOU!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO WALKING PAST YOU, NOT RECOGNIZING YOU, THEN PAUSING FOR A SECOND LOOK AND WONDERING...IS THAT THE SWEET PERSON WHO ANSWERED MY POST? THERE'S ANOTHER ONE...AND ANOTHER....I KNOW I'M GOING TO LOVE YOUR FAIRE.

Cindy
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.