News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

garb for everyday use

Started by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh, June 21, 2018, 01:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I was wondering if anyone has worn some of their garb outside of the renfaire  such as everyday use. I'm guessing maybe footwear but I doubt anything else.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Lady Renee Buchanan

I've worn some of my puffy, short sleeved chemises.  Also, I have a couple of Moresca Viola vests, which aren't boned like a bodice, so they can be worn with jeans or  slacks. I've also worn one of my straw hats with a big brim outside in the sun.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Merlin the Elder

A wizard walking around in my neighborhood tends to make people a bit nervous.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Lol , yeah I guess walking around dressed like a wizard in most neighborhoods outside of Halloween would make some nervous.

Merlin the Elder

I think I make my neighbors nervous anyway...  ;D

RefMom3

If that's really so, Master Merlin, I'd wear the wizardly clothes and enjoy the reactions ;)
My favorite example of wearing faire clothes outside of faire was when I wore the dress to work for Halloween, and was walking one of our frequent patrons through making photocopies (I'm a reference librarian in a suburban public library). He kept glancing back at me while we were doing the job, and when we finished, he leaned over and said, "You need to dress like that every day."

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

Merlin I guess you are the mystery mystical neighbor everyone thinks is boozed up or high !! Heck I say keep em guessing, more fun for you. maybe howl at a full moon or something similar...
Not sure what you were wearing refmom but it must have caught some attention. I see some rennies with the serious cleavage and we know mundanes don't know how to handle all that.I say keep it up and literacy rates will rise !!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

SarahColkins

This summer at the NY Ren Faire I bought a pair of short boots from Son of Sandler. So comfy! And a bit too warm for summer but great for other seasons. I plan to keep the leather conditioned and waterproofed, and use them as casual boots with jeans for sunny cool days and all kinds of nasty weather.
One's real life is so often the life that one does not lead.  ~Oscar Wilde~

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lord Argyl of Lochdubh on June 22, 2018, 11:13:56 PM
Merlin I guess you are the mystery mystical neighbor everyone thinks is boozed up or high !! ...

That isn't in doubt.   ;D

Hausfrau Monica

I wear my Catskill moccassin boots any chance I get..... on the motorcycle with leggings to really show them off.  They are sooooo comfy and beautiful.  I think we all wear a little bit of faire with us as often as we can.  A favourite piece of jewellery or small item.  Not faire but in the same vein.... I have a small Serentity from Firefly keychain on my purse for my enjoyment.... it was spotted one time by a bank teller when I had put my purse up on the counter so a Firefly chat ensued.  Little things that brighten our days.

mairead

I wear my Moresca pixie tops and my belts all the time. I also love a pretty short chemise worn with jeans.

Jay Byrd

I wear my shirts and boots with jeans all of the time.  Outside of work, I mean outside all of the time. I wore my leather cape to Monmouth race track with my kilt.