News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MIRF - camping sites/local hotels/motels

Started by miknamlok, June 25, 2014, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miknamlok

Greetings!  Can anyone suggest a camp site close to the site or a reasonable hotel/motel for MIRF.  Thanks!

Orphena

So long as you are talking about the Michigan faire in Holly, I can!

Last year, m'lord and I stayed at the KOA  - 7072 Grange Hall Rd, Holly, MI   (248) 634-0803  ? • koa.com
We stayed in a tent, and found the sites small, and not that "private" or as full of trees as we had expected. The price was good, and they had availabile sites for labour day weekend at late notice, though. The breakfast was handy, and the pool welcome.

This year, we are booked at Holly Recreation area  8100 Grange Hall Rd, Holly, MI ? (248) 634-8811  ? • michigandnr.com    and were pleased to be able to see the site through photos on the website.

Both campsites are about 4 minutes from faire.

Past years,  we have stayed at the the Wingate  1359 Grand Pointe Court, Grand Blanc Township, MI, United States - free breakfast, pool & hot tub, fridge & microwave in room. I remember it being about $100 a night. It's 13 minutes from faire.  The room was lovely, but the beds a touch soft for my liking (but I have a bad back, so firmer beds are my preference!)

Hope that helps!

Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles