News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Frankenfeast 2013

Started by Wickedvox, April 06, 2013, 08:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickedvox

Who's all going? I may be there for the first time and will be looking for familiar faces.
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Jade

so despite being a Michigander  by birth,  and  living in  Flint  for  four years,  this is the first I've heard of this.  Please explain more?

Jade

and  obviously there is the cost for  whatever you get for dinner,  but I couldn't find if they're was one for the dance.

max and kate

No fee just pay for your food and drink.
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Jade

I'll definitely be there Saturday,  can't make the Friday fun.    It's looking like I'll be by myself,   so I'll be  looking for forum faces and a table to share!

Wickedvox

So did you find the info Jade? I had heard of it last year but was too late. I was just invited, not that you have to be, it's for Rennies by Rennies. They have a block of rooms reserved if you want to get one to stay the weekend, otherwise Max and Kate are right--pay for dinner, drinks, cover charges, etc, but nothing else.

Jade

I  can't make Friday night,   but I'll definitely be there Saturday!

Magister

Ohh.. now this sounds like fun.

Any room for the new guy?  My new place is only about 35 minutes from Frankenmuth and this sounds like a great way to meet some of the local Renn Community.

I haven't been able to find much info on it, though?  Would anyone share the details?

Is it invite only?  If not, where does everyone meet up?  When?  Is it typically in garb or mundanes?

- Mag

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Jade

which way? I  used to live about the  same distance until I finished college.

max and kate

Here"s some info. for you, hope we see you there.

FRANKENFEAST 2013

Alright mates and mateys,the dates for Frankenfeast this year are April 12th and 13th. for the people that make a weekend out of it The 12th is Friday night at the Lorelli lounge which is a 60's theme night. So wear your bell bottoms,paisleys,peace signs.long hair,beatle boots etc.(optional) Saturday is the big dinner day at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant...Dinner is at 2:00...people  can start gathering @ 1:00 for drinks and conversation At 8:00 at the Bavarian Inn Motel there will be dancing.
                                       I have a block of rooms reserved at the  Bavarian Inn Motel.To make reservation call Charmaine Whalen and tell her its under Renaissance Group Frankenfeast.I.D.# is11L7RN..
                                              Toll Free 1-888-775-6343....ext.3534
                                                     or    1-989-480-7933....ext.3534...her personal line.

P.S.  if you have a large group of people at your table for dinner ,let me know and I'll try to reserve a table in your name...just let me know what name you want it under..

hope to see you there
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Magister

@Jade:

Bought a house in Owosso.  Smaller town south of Frankenmuth, west of Flint, and north of Lansing.  Nice countryish living.  A pleasant change from Orlando, let me tell you.

@max and kate

Thank you!  So the big question... how do we know who is who?  Will everyone be in garb so it will be easy? Glowing neon signs?  Do we randomly walk up to people and interrogate them?  Hmmm.. maybe do the later either way.  Lastly, do we need to call and make reservations or is walk-up ok?

- Mag
Magister

Jade

Ah  yes, I  know the Owosso  area,  although I  loved in  Flint.  Went to  Baker,  and I  know one of their main  campuses is in  Owosso.

Wickedvox

Magister--it's the good ol' social graces we'll have to rely upon for this one. Unless you're with a big group you can just swagger on in. At least from my understanding. I'll be in a rust bodice and rusty plaid skirts. I'll also be the one doing a lot of smiling and nodding due to voice problems.

max and kate

If your on face book just do a search for Frankenfeast. you can leave a RSVP. 
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Magister

@Jade

I stayed at a motel in Flint for a little over two weeks while waiting on the closing on the house.  I can't say I was impressed.  I've been told the area has taken a big hit the last few years.  I did find a cheap, but good Chinese take-away there, though.  I figure I'll have to head to Flint occasionally, though, for shopping.

@max and kate

Thanks for the additional info.  No Faceyspace for me, so I'll just have to rely on luck.

- M
Magister

Jade

I could only find a  Facebook page for 2012. 

@mag  yes,  it's not particularly impressive.  last time I was there,  some effort was going into  renovating the downtown area,  but they'll need a  lot of work!

Wickedvox

Here Jade http://www.facebook.com/events/553534457992816/
If you want to PM me your FB ID, I'll invite you if you want.

Jade

Jade

getting ready!  About to freak some mundanes,  and then drive two hours to Frankenmuth!