News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Nebraska Renaissance festival

Started by Rowan MacD, April 10, 2013, 12:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

'Discount Tickets For Festival'

http://www.nebfaire.com/nebfaire/home.html

The NEBRASKA RENAISSANCE FAIRE producers are now offering advanced-discount tickets for the two weekend event to be held on May 4/5th & 11/12th. They can be found in Omaha at Fairy Tale Costumes in the Crossroads Mall, in Lincoln at Fringe & Tassel Costume Shop in the Haymarket, and at OFFUTT airbase in Bellevue.
      This gives Midlands residents a chance to obtain a $2 discount for adults and $1-off for kids (from 3-12). Tots get in free.
    Regular admission prices at the gate at Bellevue Berry Farm on the days of the event will be $12 for adults and $7 for kids. 
   This year there's a $35 Family Pack offer and a two-day pass for $18. Also, groups of ten or more will receive a $2 discount per person.
  These offers are only good at the gate.
  Visitors to the festival will get to see the finishing touches being put on the Buena Vista Lodge, the region's latest banquet facility, and the new shops that have been built in the Renaissance festival's growing village.

Additional note-Fairytale costumes also has a large shop at the faire.
   New and gently used garb at bargain prices, with many items presented on consignment.
  They have a large selection of steam garb and accessories, and last year they brought out some of their 'pre-distressed' zombie-walk outfits.  The Boarshead Leather shop has a lovely collection of  bizarre leather top hats,  geared goggles and wristbands for the serious Steamer. 
http://www.boarsheadleather.com/steampunk.html
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

less than 2 weeks and counting!  We've had a bit of rain, but the site is well drained and wood chipped.  I'll be going out on Friday the 3rd, to help decorate and set up while scoping out the site.
    There are lots of new plantings and with the rain, it should look like a jungle.   Plenty of shade form the walnut trees. 
    New buildings and shops have been added, (as they are every year) and we still have lots of room for expansion west of the Fairy Glenn and north of the Jousting list and grandstands.  Join us for one one or both weekends, followed by the Pirate fest.

IWG wench #3139 

Lady Rosalind

I am sad to miss this one this year. I had a great time with Trooping Faeries last year! Unfortunately, I will be working our college graduation ceremonies on the 11th, so no Nebraska Faire for me.  :-[

Have fun!

Rowan MacD

We will miss you!   We will be seeing you at the Iowa Ren Faire and DMRF  for sure...
   The last few years we were lucky with fair weather and temps in the high 60's-low 70's, but  Nebraska/Iowa seems to be experiencing some seriously weird weather right now.
    Yesterday and today the temps were in the 80's, but according to the forecast they are supposed to drop again.    By the weekend...overcast and in the 50's with only a slight chance of precip. thank goodness. 
   We have tickets for both weekends, and the cool temps mean we can wear our noble gear in reasonable comfort May 4-5,  but I am sick of winter hanging around! 
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

We didn't go out on Saturday, but we had a lovely time on Sunday.
   Milord and I showed up about noon, and   stayed 'till closing.  Weather was dry but cool, and stayed in the high 50's and lower 60's.
  Attendance on Sunday was decent, if not the usual crowd we get on an opening weekend.  We have the Berkshire-Hathaway convention in town, so lodging is expensive and attendance suffers when that coincides with the faire.  There was also a bike marathon going on.
  Next weekend will be better: Jousting, (the mud should be gone by then) and the weather is supposed to be a bit warmer, if not hot.   No major events in Omaha to compete with.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

When attended last year and had a great time and intended for this year, but looks like we will not make it.  We will be in Amana, since we live just a few minutes away.

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

We'll be in Amana too.
  Last year was the first one for me, but David has attended there before.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Early weather reports indicate partly sunny to sunny and mid 60's next weekend. Spring at last!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather for week two: Low to mid 60's and dry!  Perfect weather for heavy garb.
   I was able to see the bubble machine in action last week...truly magical addition to the fairy realm..
   I am donating a couple of clear glass lever top antique looking bottles for the bubble smyth to store his elixir in.   He needed something that didn't look like the blue root beer bottles, so he doesn't take a swig from it by accident.  ;D
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Well well, we may be in Omaha tomorrow!  Maybe we'll stop by for a bit?  We'll most likely be in mundanes (BOO!)  Do they have an opening gate show?  Where exactly is it?  48th and Cornhusker? 

Butch

Didn't make it to Omaha until late afternoon, and then went up Cornhusker to look for it around 6.  I think I saw it, but not sure.  I hope it was great!

Rowan MacD

Well poop, Butch-Closing gate was 6pm both days.
    You had the location correct-there are signs on Cornhusker and hwy 370 at both ends of 48th st. The Ranch is next to the creek about 1/2 way between.
  We did start an organized closing gate and Final Huzzah this year-and it will get bigger.  We had a juggler, dancing, singing and Improv.
  Attendance was very good this weekend for both days.  Amazing weather. 
  We seriously need to expand the seating for the Joust, and get more food vendors!
IWG wench #3139