News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's Getting Ready for the Castle?

Started by FoxFire, April 14, 2013, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxFire

We are! Well, at least tentatively. We're hoping to make it out for opening weekend. We make it out for at least one day per season, but it will depend on work schedules. Time off has been requested, but the powers that be haven't deigned to give us their response about the 4th as yet. Anyhow, I hope to see some of you there!

Merlin the Elder

Unless plans collapse, we are hoping to be there opening weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

FoxFire

I hope to see you there, Merlin! I was happy to get to meet you and your fair lady Nimue at Scarby. Kathleen has requested that weekend off. We shall have to see if the gods of Starbucks smile upon us. Schedules are supposed to be made two weeks in advance, but in reality it's more like a week and a half, so we won't know for sure until right before.

Craigmeister

I wonder what's new at the Castle this year?  I love to see the Escapologist, Ezndil & Stickbow Archery but I'd like to see what new things there are to entertain the masses.  Could there be working trebuchets like in days of olde?  A good hammered dulcimer band?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 15, 2013, 08:07:21 AM
Unless plans collapse, we are hoping to be there opening weekend.
Plans collapsed... but I sent good weather, I think!  We ended up moving this past weekend. It would have been a really good weekend to come. We are rescheduling now for Memorial Day weekend, and unsure if it will be possible to make any additional trips up...

spikey

Lilly Bontemp and I are making the trip to the Castle!  This will be our first visit to the Castle, and are looking forward to the adventure!

spikey

We visited The castle of Muskogee for the first time on Memorial Day Weekend.  WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!  While we live in Rockport, Texas (south Texas), we will make the trip every year!  My Wife's photos can be seen on Flickr under the name "the McGee"

Butch

Well well; my wife went to the Castle Christmas las December, and now wants to go to the Castle RenFest!  The funny thing is, she rarely goes to ANY RenFest!  So, we'll probably be down for the final Saturday this year, 31 May.  Our first time!  Huzzah!

RefMom3

My daughter and I went to the Halloween fest  for their last weekend, and I enjoyed it very much. She did, too, but 700 miles is a way to go for a single evening...
The Christmas celebration looks amazing; I would love to do that some year.
In the meantime, I'll be bringing my cousin to the Castle for her first Ren Faire (and we'll be going to our home faire of Bristol this summer) for opening weekend. I'm so blissfully excited, it's silly ;)

Merlin the Elder

My personal self should be out of the body shop and reasonably well-repaired by then.

RefMom3

Rani Zemirah

Still shooting for the opening weekend, Merlin? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

That is when I have hotel reservations, so it would be better weekend to come that another on which I have no reservations....huh?

LibraryPrincess

I plan on being there Memorial Day weekend with Circa Paleo!

It's my first time in Oklahoma and at this particular faire. I'm a Houston native, so is there anything in particular I should be prepared for or know about?
Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

Merlin the Elder

Yeah...it won't be much cooler than it is in Houston...  :o