News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's planning to go?

Started by RahBur, February 11, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefMom3

Will do! I also seem to have some additional requests of my time popping up, for our time there. Wonders just never cease.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: RefMom3 on June 23, 2015, 11:18:13 AM
Will do! I also seem to have some additional requests of my time popping up, for our time there. Wonders just never cease.

You seem to have made an impression, and a conquest or two!  ;)  There truly are some wonderfully warm and welcoming folk there, aren't there?  I meet more and more people every time we go, as well, and I'm starting to feel very much at home there, myself!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I wouldn't call it a conquest, but someone want to have lunch. There are a lot of genuinely friendly people there.
And I do look forward to the butterbeer.

Rani Zemirah

Well, any time someone chooses to spend time with another, when they have any number of things they could be doing instead, that means that a favorable impression has been made... and therefore it means you have won someone over!  So you see, it is a conquest.  :P  No matter whether the interest be friendly, romantic, intellectual or what have you... there is still interest, and that is a very pleasant thing to experience!  :)  And both lunch and butterbeer is involved, as well... so I'd call it a definite WIN! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Nope, nothing dramatic. Just making it easier to talk than type ;) Plus, I have something for a charming 6-year-old pirate that his dad requested I present in person ;) That is one thing I'm particularly looking forward to ;)

Rani Zemirah

Well, pirates do tend to prefer getting their loot in person, in my own experience, at least.  Especially those who have reached the very great age of 6 years!  And it is definitely much nicer to talk in person than to type... but I'll take the typing, as well, when it's all I've got!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I will absolutely take the typing; there are too many whose friendship I've grown to cherish to get  persnickety about typing rather than talking. I really, really dislike talking on the phone; it's one of those things where, if I'm not careful, I may have to turn in my girl card for...
I submitted my request for vacation but I haven't heard yet. I think I requested the weekend of the 23rd, but I can't remember. It was because others were already picked, and I put in for it without paying much attention, just so I could get something started.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: RefMom3 on August 01, 2015, 01:12:12 AM
I will absolutely take the typing; there are too many whose friendship I've grown to cherish to get  persnickety about typing rather than talking. I really, really dislike talking on the phone; it's one of those things where, if I'm not careful, I may have to turn in my girl card for...
I submitted my request for vacation but I haven't heard yet. I think I requested the weekend of the 23rd, but I can't remember. It was because others were already picked, and I put in for it without paying much attention, just so I could get something started.

Ahh... well, then, we'll have to make sure we try and save enough to get us there for that weekend!  We haven't made any firm plans yet, at all,so we're still open. 

I agree about talking on the phone, as well... I'm not much for it, most of the time.  There are a couple of friends with whom I can manage to fritter away an hour or more,. however, and not even notice... but only if I have the little headset thingy on!  I can't stand to hold the phone up to my ear, though... it's irritating at best, and other things I won't even mention when I have to talk to people I don't care much for!  LOL  But typing is at least easily edited, as long as I'm thinking before I hit the "send" or the "post" button...  :o  Not that I do that often... unfortunately.  I tend to get myself into trouble just as easily with typing as I do with speaking, but that's probably because I don't filter enough of what rolls around in my head before I let it out, most likely.  I'm probably not a very good "girl", either, I suppose... although I do like to shop!  I just don't like to spend money...  :-\ 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede