News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's Getting Ready for the Castle?

Started by FoxFire, April 14, 2013, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Yes... you should definitely come prepared for the heat!  It's not as open as at TRF, either, so there might not be as much of a breeze, which can make the heat even more intense. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LibraryPrincess

Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

RefMom3

Getting closer~
I'll be bringing my cousin along to the Castle, and this will be her first faire (once it opens, I'll take her to Bristol, too, which is our home faire). We spent Friday putting together an outfit for her, and I realized she had no idea there would be shopping there. The expression on her face was priceless. She's going to think she's died and gone to heaven.

I am very concerned about the weather, though... I'm sure there are people who still haven't recovered from last year's storms.

Merlin the Elder

I have ordered good weather for this weekend. 

Shopping?  At Scarby, it would be easy for me to spend $50k on all of the pretties I've lusted after for lo, these many years.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

Your weather order worked like a charm!
It was about as perfect a weekend as a weekend can get. Lovely to have met you and the Daughter Unit, Rani! Extraordinarily lovely to have met you and the Lovely Bride, Master Merlin! We have successfully infected my cousin; she wanted to move into the Castle. Don't worry; I brought her safely home. She'll never be the same ;)

Merlin the Elder

It was a bit warm and dusty, I thought, but I tend to be more of a cool weather person.

So pleased that your cousin will never be the same. I know that I have never been the same, and I rather like it that way.

The pleasure of your company, and that of the cousin, was a highlight of the trip.  Any time you wish to visit our castle, you will be welcome!

Rani Zemirah

It was wonderful to meet the both of you, also!  It's so much fun when you get to introduce someone else to the joys of Faire, isn't it?  :)  We had a wonderful time, as well... and are looking forward to the next time!  I'm not sure we will be able to get back out there this season, because of the heat... although AccuWeather.com is saying Memorial weekend is actually supposed to be in the low 80s and overcast, which would be rather nice, I think!  We will have to see if we're able to make it out for one more visit, I think! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I would love to be able to "bookend" the faire; I love to do opening and closing dates. There is a different energy on those days, I think. At least, that's what I've noticed at our faire. The dust made me look very weepy.

My first experience at a faire happened when I was in my late teens, so I think that "change" just incorporated itself into the natural life progression. Upshot: I guess I've always been this way ;)

Master Merlin, that's a very generous invitation; be careful what you say, Sir...~

Butch

OK!  Just booked the hotel for us to visit Castleton on Sat, 31 May!  HUZZAH!

Merlin the Elder

RefMom3, you would be more that welcome here, so I don't have to be careful.  Make it a business trip, and we'll take you to the local Presidential Library...and you could see Toad Suck in person (not at the same place).

RefMom3

Sir, under the present circumstances, the only way it could be a business trip would be if I were looking for a change in venue. Definitely a point to ponder; who knows?
I think having a presidential library in Toad Suck would bring in quite a lot of visitors..
Cindy and I are having withdrawal, lol. She didn't want to leave, and I would head back in a heartbeat. We missed so much!

Rani Zemirah

Funny how easy that is when you're in good company, isn't it?  Our Faire may be on the smallish side, but every square inch of it is packed with fun things to see and do... and wonderful people to meet!  A whole SEASON isn't really enough to see and do everything much less a single weekend!  That just means there is always more to look forward to... 

I hope the next time you come down we will get to spend more time with you!  Hopefully Cindy and your daughter, both, will be able to accompany you, as well!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Rani, I have 3 daughters (that's my 3 in my name; I'm such a clever duck!), and all of them love going to the Faire. Castleton, at least for the first time, was going to be *mine.* Through some wonderfully serendipitous connections, I've made some long-distance friendships with some of the people involved with that faire, and I was feeling very possessive of that first visit. When I was turned back by weather last year, it seemed to be telling me I was being selfish, and needed to reconsider, ;)  . The oldest would have gone but for a scheduling conflict, the middle felt the drive too long, and the youngest didn't realize I meant the offer. My cousin leapt at the chance, and the rest is history. I hope I'll be able to manage it next year, as I realized there was so much I missed.
Cindy had such a good time, I would probably need to heavily sedate her to keep her away, lol.

Rani Zemirah

LOL  Well, I hope that next time they will ALL come with you, and we can be a veritable flock of twittering birds taking over the lanes! 

I think I might need to introduce you and Cindy to a couple of garb buy/sell/trade groups I am in on the Book of Faces... if you are interested?  I have found LOTS of very nice, very reasonably priced, new and previously loved items of garb in them over the years... and it's always exciting finding new sources with which to feed those ever-growing garb habits!  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Ordinarily, buying clothes is one of my top 10 most disliked chores. My mother has actually told me I'm not allowed to buy clothes unless my Middlest Daughter is with me, and that's a fact. Fairewear doesn't seem to have the same vibe.
Suggest away!