News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's Getting Ready for the Castle?

Started by FoxFire, April 14, 2013, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

LOL  Careful what you wish for!  Garb collecting can become an all-consuming addiction that you never want to recover from!  ;D  Just ask almost anyone on these boards...  LOL 

I will add you to a few of the groups over in that other place, then... and happy hunting! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 13, 2014, 01:23:09 AM
I think I might need to introduce you and Cindy to a couple of garb buy/sell/trade groups I am in on the Book of Faces... if you are interested?  I have found LOTS of very nice, very reasonably priced, new and previously loved items of garb in them over the years... and it's always exciting finding new sources with which to feed those ever-growing garb habits!  ;)

Rani-Any chance you could hook me up with those pages?  I'm pretty sure you've friended me already, if not, do so!
I have a few Sofi's stitches, Likely Lotus, and even Moresca brand gently worn pieces to part with.   

I am considering parting with the Moresca set I boutgh in 2010. A lovely blue/vine brocade MaxII with the matching blue falda and overskirt (inserts on the bodice are the same material as the heavy brocade split front overskirt) that was worn only 3 times over one season back in 2010.   That set will have to go together, since the skirt matches the MaxII.
  I spent $435 on those and 2 chemises (which I'm keeping)
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rani Zemirah

Of course, Rowan... but (I'm embarrassed to admit) you will have to PM me your mundane name, because I am notoriously terrible at matching R/F Faire names with mundane fb profiles!  It's entirely probably that I have absolutely no idea that the one goes with the other...   :-[  lol 

Oh... and if you would be at all interested in any sort of trading for any of your pieces, I am always looking for Moresca, and would love to see the other pieces, as well!  Depending on size, of course... but between my ScallyWag and myself we cover a fairly wide range of sizes. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

I've posted pictures from Saturday the 10th on my website.  I hope to go back on the fourth weekend of the month.  Dave Ruff of Stickbow Archery will give a shooting demonstration on the Jousting Field the last two weekends of the month.

www.meistersrealm.com/Meisters_Realm/Photos/Pages/Oklahoma_Renaissance_Festival.html
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Butch

OK, we're still on track for attending this Saturday, 31 May!  Any shows to see?  Any to avoid?  Any chow that is exceptional here?   

Merlin the Elder

I'm partial to the pork loin sammiches...  Enjoy! This will be Lisa's final weekend as the queen at that faire.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Mmmmm, pork loin sammich!  Is there a pre-gate show?  I see they open at 1030, what time should we get there?

LibraryPrincess

Holy cow, you guys, Castleton was so adorable! I was stuck in the Cave for most of the weekend and did not get to explore much, but I absolutely LOVED what little I got to experience! I love that the performers (not just cast) are there to greet you at the gate first thing in the morning and are there again to wish you well when you leave at the end of the day. And everyone (patrons and workers alike) is so friendly! It might have been a soggy weekend, but I absolutely loved my time at the Castle and can't wait to return next year. ^_^
Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

Merlin the Elder

Butch, if you want to see the gate show, you'll need to be there no later than 9:30, and get into position. The gate is so narrow, it is very hard to see or hear anything.  I just saw that the Royal Gauntlet Birds of Prey show is not returning after this year. It is the very best show I've seen with the birds of prey. Do make a point to see it.

There is no tail-gate to speak of.  I don't know that there are any OkRFers here besides me, and I'm somewhat of a stringer. Lisa, who plays a pirate at KCRF, is finishing her 15-year run as Queen Margaret this weekend.

Butch

Thank-you for all the recommendations!  We'll be leaving in a few hours.  Should be fun!  Not sure if I can convince my wife and my son's gf to arrive an hour before cannon; oh well!  I'll look up that Birds of Prey show, and maybe tell the queen that I have seen her doppleganger, dressed quite differently, in the lanes of the city of Canterbury, many miles to the North!

I see that EznDil play there; I liked them in the KCRF.

I look forward to our visit!

Rani Zemirah

Oh!  The chicken poppers are fantastic, as well!  Battered chicken tenders wrapped in applewood smoked peppered bacon, then deep fried and served with cris-cut potatoes... they're yummy! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Butch

Went to the Castle and really had a good time!  So many familiar faces!   We did have the pork tenderloin (no sauce, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion) and found it very delicious!  Also shared hummus, dolmathes, and beef/lamb on a stick (and Turkish coffee) and liked them as well.

The shows were fun; EznDil were great, the Laundry Lasses were pretty good, Musical Blades were as good as ever, the Lord Mayor's Company was nice, and the endangered bird show was worthwhile.  So many other shows to see, will need to come back!

My wife thought there were more kilt wearers than normal, but it didn't seem that way to me.

I didn't see any fairies/fae.

There were very many military types on cast.  I tried to find Archer, but met no success in every person dressed in the white tabbard with the red cross.  One seemed to be very put out that I was asking him if he recognized my R/F pin, and NO he didn't know anyone named Archer.  Oh well!

And that map...whew!  Not really to scale and missing the different areas, and did not list all of the stages.  I was able to put it together (I AM a retired U.S. Marine after all!) but that map needs help!

We had a great time!  We'll be back!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Not sure when my brother, Laird Nasty, is due to come out there.  I'm being told that i need to make the trip from down here, deep in Texas, to come take a taste of y'alls faire.  Rani can vouch for me... i don't bite...much...and i've had all my shots.  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Merlin the Elder

You'll have to wait a year... it just finished its 2014 run last weekend.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

That's what i just found out... got a call from Laird Nasty.  He's wanting me up there next year for sure...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God