News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking to meet up with others

Started by Prima, April 16, 2013, 08:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prima

My husband and I are looking to make the trip to go to this faire this year.  We are able to go either the  weekend of June 22/23rd or 29/30th.   I read through some of the other posts but it didn't sound like anything was really set.    We have yet to attend any faire with non-mundanes, and thought it would be fun to try to meet up with some of you beautiful people :D
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Ian Maxwell

I'll be there both of those weekends along with Monica Hausfrau. The 22-23 is The Royal Ale and Art Festival the 29-30 is Celtic Weekend but any weekend is a lot of fun.

Nighthawk

I always go on the Celtic weekend, so we'll be there for that one!

Prima

Oh yay!  I'll let you guys know when we're coming down.  We look forward to meeting everyone!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Prima on April 23, 2013, 09:59:41 AM
Oh yay!  I'll let you guys know when we're coming down.  We look forward to meeting everyone!

Likewise!! And if you're looking for me, I'm the big, kilted, hairy guy! Can't miss me! Oh wait... We're talking about Faire on Celtic Fling weekend... Not the the mall in the middle of winter. Better get you my phone number closer to the date...   ;D

Actually, I may be harder to miss than usual. I'm putting together a new outfit this year, based on Lugh of the Long Arm. So I actually won't be wearing a kilt for the Celtic weekend, funny enough. Really the only thing I still have to finish is the new scabbard for my Celtic sword... I'm basing it on this piece of artwork:

Francisco Paula

I will be there on the 22 and 23rd and if you want to catch me i will be to one side of the stage for the great cat show. You know keeping stupid people back from the tigers.

Prima

Fancisco... we will most certainly come say hi!  I'm excited to see the show  ;D

Bogie

Prima and I are in final preparations for CoRF. The last thing we need to sort out is where to stay. We know nothing of the area so this next part may be the hardest for us.  From other posts, I've gathered that Castle Rock is the area to stay?

We are also looking at camping. Is there an option anywhere close by?

Norfolk

If you plan to stay in a motel, the Best Western in Castle Rock gets excellent reviews, both from rennies who have stayed there and on TripAdviser.com  It should take no more than 15 minutes to get from the Best Western to the festival site.

As for camping, there is a campground about two miles or so from the festival site.  Here is a link:
http://www.campjellystone.com/find-a-park/93-larkspur-co-pike-national-forest

There is also a campground about 10 miles south of the festival site, in Monument, Co.  Here is the link:
http://coloradoheights.com/

Safe travels, and we will see you in Larkspurshire!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Bogie

Thank you very much for the info Norfolk!

We are looking at using hotel.com's little system. Essentially we can get a room for $65 a night and it determins where.  Based on the hotels in the area, the only one we aren't sure on is the Super 8.  My lady Prima has a "thing" about hotels with numbers in their name.

Anyone know the... Quality of that hotel? ;D

Unless we have accommodation issues, we will be attending on the 29th/30th.

LadyFireKissed

The Super 8 is where I have stayed before, It's where I'm staying again.  It's not going to be the beat of the best for sure.  I think that the continental breakfast leaves a little to be desired and the pool is just ok, not bad, just ok.  But the staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean(or was when I was there.  Honestly, it's all that I need for me, because it's just a place to get a shower, go to bed and then I'm gone the rest of the time.  Hope that helps!

Bogie

After a little bit of debating, we've decided to spend the little extra and stay at one of the cabins at Jellystone.

I called this morning to booked it and was informed I booked the last available cabin.  I hope nobody else was looking as well!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

My Lord Toki and I stayed at Said Super 8, None smoking room about gagged us with cigarette smell, it was bad and turned us off. We decided that if ever again, we would never stay at this shoddy inn. We think paying a little more is better
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Adriana Rose

We like the Best Western. The beds are super comfy and the rooms are always very nice. And a comfy bed and a good AC unit is a must after a faire day!

Plus it is close to Chilis, The Rock Yard and IHOP too

Francisco Paula

Thanks. Now i am thinking of the showergasim after faire. It's kinda like the corsetgasim but it happens when you step into a shower and let the water hit your sore muscles from the day.

Zoë

I don't even want to know how you know what a bodicegasm feels like....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Prima

Freedom!!! That's what it feels like!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Prima on May 24, 2013, 03:29:20 PM

So it's like a greatkiltgasm. When that belt comes off...  :o Whoa boy, does it feel good! So speaking of great kilts... Since you lovely out of town folk have decided to stay in Jellystone, you very well may run into my wife and I. She and I are debating staying there, as well. We have a new 1600's tent that we started breaking in this past weekend, and we would love to give it another airing. I'll let you know for sure in this thread as we get closer to the date.

And to answer the inevitable question... We spent the weekend with a bunch of dirty buckskinners. They love having us fairy folk spend time with them.  8)

Prima

Huzzah!  We'll be looking forward to your update! 

Hausfrau Monica

there are a number of kilted lads at the cabins on Celtic weekend. I am getting so excited to be there with Ian Maxwell and friends. Looking very much forward to meeting so many that I only know by name. I am the pale Canadian visiting for the first time. Please say hello.

Nighthawk

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on May 26, 2013, 10:24:23 PM
there are a number of kilted lads at the cabins on Celtic weekend. I am getting so excited to be there with Ian Maxwell and friends. Looking very much forward to meeting so many that I only know by name. I am the pale Canadian visiting for the first time. Please say hello.

There are also a lot of pale people who attend the Colorado faire... You're gonna have to be more helpful than that!!  ;)

Seems to me that posting some pictures may at this point be helpful, so I'll get things started. This is my wife and I from the Colorado Springs St. Patric's Day Parade. We were marching with our living history group.

And from the faire last summer!

See? There are at least two other pale people there...  ;D What was it Tim Minching said? Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger...

Zoë

Quote from: Prima on May 24, 2013, 03:29:20 PM

Well I should hope we females know what it feels like....probably a different story for Mr Francisco....;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

have to keep the fat guy in some how