News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food for thought RE: Richard III

Started by BLAKDUKE, April 19, 2013, 08:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

In view of the recent events regarding Richard III and it is now regarded that most of what Shakespere and "the sainted more" wrote was absolute B.S.  I have always held the thought that a new movie based on the historical record should be madeof the events of his life.  With that in mind who should portray Richard???   Any thoughts?
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Welsh Wench

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

I'm not sure about who should play Richard, but Henry VII should be played by either Russell Brand or Eddie Izzard.  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Rowan MacD

Hugh Jackman always gets my vote for eye candy ^_^.   He might even be able to pull off a 'sympathetic' Richard..a younger version of Mel Gibson might.

Perhaps Anthony Sher (one of the definitive actors who played' Richard the Villain') would like a chance chance to play a  different version,  or Kenneth Branagh.

The problem is-Richard was only 32 when he died.  Both of the  above are too old to play a youthful king, and I can't think of any younger actors who could get into the role.....

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

PollyPoPo

32 is young by our standards, but in the time frame, that was definitely middle age and from portraits on-line it seems he might have been.  Even for royally, life was harsh, especially anyone trying to win/keep a throne and a soldier to boot.

If Jackman lost enough weight, he could pull it off; Branagh probably is too old, as Rowen mentioned.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

BLAKDUKE

I don't think Jackman would be believable in the roll.  Most of the audience would
expect wolverine claws to come out of his gauntlets at the Bosworth battle.  I am just not up enough on the current crop of actors to be  able to suggest one.

Imestra

Matthew McConaughey, although we have seen a bit much of this guy, I could totally see him as a young king & soldier.
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Butch

Justin Timberlake would get my vote.  Did you see "In Time"?  He can act, and is young enough.  Go JT!  (I do not own any of his music).

Ferret

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BLAKDUKE

E.M.  maybe for Henry Tudor, still looking for R. III