News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

We've Been Touched...

Started by Merlin the Elder, April 21, 2013, 09:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

It has been a rough last couple of weeks for a lot of people. People from here in this cyber community have been affected by both the Boston Marathon bombing, and the West, Texas blast.

There are members who were in the area or at the marathon. As far as I know, none suffered any physical injury. Emotional wounds are painful, too. Our own William of Ware has worked the marathon for more than a decade.

In West, Texas, of the 14 confirmed fatalities, ten were first responders, one of them from the Dallas Fire Department of which Queen Anne Boleyn of the Scarborough cast is a member.

We always remember to thank the military for their service, but when was the last time you thanked a cop, or a fireman, or an EMT? They put their lives on the line every day.

Light a candle, say a prayer, or toss an extra bit of incense onto the fire...whatever you do in your belief system.  Someone will feel the energy.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Baron Frederick

I have been in the hospital for 2 weeks but I did thank all the caregivers I saw as I was leaving.Because 7 days a week 24 hrs a day takes a lot out of anyone life.
Baron Frederick