News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bristol Visitors in 2013

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, April 22, 2013, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Who plans to visit Bristol this summer?  When are you going?

It's always fun to meet Forum members, so please post the date/s of your visit.  We'll look forward to seeing you!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Marietta Graziella

It looks like quite a few of us are coming on the July 20th weekend.  :D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

max and kate

We will be going not sure of the date yet.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady Renee Buchanan

We kinda, sorta have dates when we're going - maybe.  How's that for a definitve sentence!  lol     ::)

Week 1  July 6-7  Sat & Sun
Week 2  July 14  Sun
Week 3  July 21 Sun. Not Going.  Have a wedding the night before.
Week 4  July 28  Sun
Week 5  Aug 4  Sun.  Not Going
Week 6  Aug 11 Sunday
Week 7  Aug 18  Sun.  Our #34 wedding anniversary.  We always celebrate it at Bristol
Week 8  Aug 25  Sun.  Not Going.  Night before, Irish Hooley in Dubuque, IA with Gaelic Storm and Red Hot Chili Pipers
Week 9  Aug 31, Sept 1 & 2   Closing weekend.  All 3 days
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Sitara

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 23, 2013, 07:30:58 AM

That's the weekend we usually go as well since my birthday is the 21st. Doubt we're going this year though since George's sister has decided to get married then in Green Bay.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

RefMom3

We're hoping to do the opening weekend this year. As long as we've been going, I've never made opening weekend. Beyond that, it will depend on when I can meet up with a few new friends, plus my daughters are each hoping to introduce friends to the faire, so it will depend on everyone's schedules. I bought enough of the $10 tickets at Christmas to visit several times this year. They were basically the only presents I bought this year :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 23, 2013, 07:30:58 AM

I guess I better start making plans.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

LadyFae

Wish that I could join the Bristol Invasion by MNRF'ers on the 20th, but that is my eldest daughter's 8th birthday.   :(
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Jon Hanslow

Depending on whats going on with the act, I may or may not make an appearance at some point.
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

flidais

We will be visiting the weekend of July 27 and 28.  It's been a few years since we've been able to visit Bristol, so I'm pretty excited.  :)

Lady Renee Buchanan

To everyone in the "kind of nearby" environs,  don't forget this weekend is the Janesville, WI Renaissance Faire.  AKA "Bristol Lite," because many of the Bristol cast, performers, and vendors are at this faire.

We love it.  For a small faire, it is wonderful, and it's for a charitable organization that gives schloarships to local students.  If you bring a can of food, which goes to the food pantry, you receive $1 off a ticket.

I plan to go both days.  Unless we have a downpour on Sunday, that might make me think twice.  But being optimistic, "no rain!  no rain!"
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Amras Elfwine

Hail, Bristol...there is a pretty good chance that Lady Elfwine and myself will be visiting your faire on one of the opening weekend days. I shall certainly keep you posted. Todd the Squirrel has promised to be on his best behaviour...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on May 21, 2013, 12:55:19 PM
Hail, Bristol...there is a pretty good chance that Lady Elfwine and myself will be visiting your faire on one of the opening weekend days. I shall certainly keep you posted. Todd the Squirrel has promised to be on his best behaviour...

That would be marvelous, Amras!  We haven't seen you since the RenDezvous in TN, aka the Second Ette Invasion.  Definitely, please let me know.  Opening weekend, I stay over and go both days.  Steve and Matt will drive up on Sunday, and I'll ride home with them.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs