News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Calling All Game of Thrones and Tudor fans

Started by LadyRachael, April 28, 2013, 03:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyRachael

I'm obsessed... was wondering who else shares the love for these amazing series! Anne Boleyn (Natalie Dormer) DEFINITELY inspired me to grow my hair out! It's finally almost past my chest :) Can't wait to style it for a fest!!!  ;D
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." Rumi

Aderin

Well met Lady Rachael and I'm happy that you are avid to style your new, longer hair! I still haven't gotten into these shows. Are they worth the time? i'm about to read the game of thrones series.
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

Bonny Pearl

Love both of those series and also hooked on Vikings by the History Channel.  This last weeks episode of GoT was freakin' crazy!  :o ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Aderin

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on June 07, 2013, 01:40:51 PM
Love both of those series and also hooked on Vikings by the History Channel.  This last weeks episode of GoT was freakin' crazy!  :o ;D

Thanks for the tip! Going to record the vikings from now on! I have to figure out a way to watch the other two!

Bonny Pearl

Vikings is done for this season but I'm sure there will be some marathons or maybe on hulu or netflix.  This was the first season of the show so it won't be hard to catch up.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Aderin

Mairte

I LOVE Game of Thrones though I did read the books first.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Now that the new season is wrapped up we are going back to the beginning.  Same with Vikings.  Always good to re-watch to catch a few more things.

(also hooked on Doc Martin and Monarch of the Glen)

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Quote from: LadyRachael on April 28, 2013, 03:01:48 AM
I'm obsessed... was wondering who else shares the love for these amazing series! Anne Boleyn (Natalie Dormer) DEFINITELY inspired me to grow my hair out! It's finally almost past my chest :) Can't wait to style it for a fest!!!  ;D
I only saw Tudors on DVD, and the Video store didn't have the last set, so I only got to see it up to the end of Season 3. 
   I liked it, other than the occasional full body shudder over some of the truly weird costumes on the women and the liberties taken with History.  I loved Dormer in the role of Anne.  Her execution and the events leading up to it were heart wrenching, and some of the few HA scenes in the entire series.   I have not been able to find the complete set anywhere to rent, and I don't want to buy it.     
   Even the used DVD's I've found only cover the first couple of seasons.    It's like everybody who sold their  collection to the stores,  lost interest in it after season 2.   
   I don't watch TV much at all except for the occasional BBC series (Doc martin) or documentary.  Other than that, I do not follow any series on network or cable at all, since I prefer to read in what leisure time I have.
  My daughter in law shares your obsession with GoT.  Everything comes to a halt when it's on, and if she can't watch it right away, she records it on TiVo.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Aderin

Quote from: Mairte on June 13, 2013, 04:37:28 PM
I LOVE Game of Thrones though I did read the books first.

Splendid! I am planning on doing the same! Once I finish the Lord of the Rings that is! :P

Aderin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 13, 2013, 04:59:10 PM
Now that the new season is wrapped up we are going back to the beginning.  Same with Vikings.  Always good to re-watch to catch a few more things.

Enlighten me Gauwyn, how is one of peasant coin to go about accomplishing such a task? Hunting the village markets for used copies?

Aderin

Quote from: Rowen MacD on June 13, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: LadyRachael on April 28, 2013, 03:01:48 AM
I only saw Tudors on DVD, and the Video store didn't have the last set, so I only got to see it up to the end of Season 3. 
   I liked it, other than the occasional full body shudder over some of the truly weird costumes on the women and the liberties taken with History.  I loved Dormer in the role of Anne.  Her execution and the events leading up to it were heart wrenching, and some of the few HA scenes in the entire series.   I have not been able to find the complete set anywhere to rent, and I don't want to buy it.     
   Even the used DVD's I've found only cover the first couple of seasons.    It's like everybody who sold their  collection to the stores,  lost interest in it after season 2.   
   I don't watch TV much at all except for the occasional BBC series (Doc martin) or documentary.  Other than that, I do not follow any series on network or cable at all, since I prefer to read in what leisure time I have.
  My daughter in law shares your obsession with GoT.  Everything comes to a halt when it's on, and if she can't watch it right away, she records it on TiVo.

EVERYTHING comes to a halt for my friends who get together at a friends house on Sunday nights! Alas I cannot go for I have other plans perpetually! I shall catch up after I've read thank you very much :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Aderin on June 13, 2013, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 13, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

Enlighten me Gauwyn, how is one of peasant coin to go about accomplishing such a task? Hunting the village markets for used copies?

For us it is easy - DVR!!  I don't know if any of these are available on Netflix, etc.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Aderin

Indeed Gauwyn! Perhaps I should have the town wizard come and have a look at my D-V-R. It is in DIRE need of enchantment  ;D

Mairte

Did anyone else hope that Geoffrey would die this season? But I think they have to spread the drama out,lol.:) I can't wait until season four, I think three was one of the best so far!

StilettoWolf

The Tudors is on Netflix for sure, GoT is on HBO Go.

Aderin