News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Psyched For 2013

Started by GryffinSong, February 15, 2013, 10:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GryffinSong

I've never been to VARF before, but am psyched for this year. I will be a vendor, and am beginning to make my garb. I hope this forum is active and that folks are willing to discuss the faire with a newbie. I'm a big greyhound fan (I have one retired greyhound as well as 4 Italian greyhounds, so am especially excited about Her Majesty's Hounds.) I won't be bringing any of my hounds, so I'm sure I'll be especially eager to see them go by. :)
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Feline Groovy

Welcome to the fun!  What will you be vendoring? 

(Yes it's a word. I'm an English major. I said it. Therefor it's now a word.)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

GryffinSong

Thanks! I design and make original quilts with a fantasy theme ...

A full/queen size dragon quilt ...

A couple of faerie wall hangings that I'm working on right now ...

Feline Groovy

Very nice!  Looking forward to seeing you and your work in person!  Also, feel free to pop over and say hi at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Renaissance-Faire/213104435383276
Where was I going and how do I get there?

hitchhiker90

Me too!  Trying to decide what weekend I want to go.

GryffinSong

My pavilion goes up tomorrow!!! Only one week to go!!!  ;D

fairylady

beautiful work GryffinSong! I have not been to the VA fest yet. I keep driving up to MD.  I like a fest where more people dress up, its more fun. if I get to this one , I will look for you.  I am already working on what to wear for this season.

GryffinSong

Thanks!

I'm really excited! My green and white pavilion is back in the woods next to the axe throwing booth. Right across the path is a place that sells faerie wings, and since many of my quilts have faeries on them, I think its a great location. On the other side of my booth is a small stage, and next to the faerie booth is a place that sells gypsy garb. They were doing a full dress rehearsal while I was there and the court looks awesome!