News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food at Bristol. What's good?

Started by Baron Doune, July 04, 2008, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Doune

Once again I'm looking for food at the faire. 

Your thoughts on what's not to be missed.

DeadBishop

There is only one food worth eating at Bristol....cheese and mushroom bangers!  Just ask Noble Dreg.  Between him and me, I think we cleaned out the banger booth in one day... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

wildthingjew

db, what is neat is if ya ever get back here and ya wanna take some of them things home just stop on 50 heading back towardw lake geneva at the lake geneva meat market and get em, that is where they get theirs from also at that same market they have others at that just awsome!
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

DeadBishop

Quote from: wildthingjew on July 04, 2008, 11:59:17 AM
db, what is neat is if ya ever get back here and ya wanna take some of them things home just stop on 50 heading back towardw lake geneva at the lake geneva meat market and get em, that is where they get theirs from also at that same market they have others at that just awsome!

What???  You mean......they're available OUTSIDE of fest????????  I wish I would have known that before!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Where is the booth located?  I don't eat red meat, so cheese and mushroom sounds yummy?  wtj, could you show me on Sunday where it is?   Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

wildthingjew

if you aint too far from baron or goody when they come down this way if they could or would they could stop at the store on the way back home and pick you up some or if they don't wanna stop but would be willing to transport i could swing over there and deliver them to the baron or goody to bring home to you, they are the portabella and swiss brats, the other ones that the store has is green pepper cheddar, onion are awsome too! trust me my mother and my freezer are stuffed with those things! i first sampled those things at this expensive store in mukwonago wisconsin and bought a package there then read the label and saw that they were from this meat market so that is where we always get them,

ps: booth is located just inside main gate to the right at about the 6th booth on the right side on the rightmost lane, round wood booth just before the garlic mushrooms, right in front of where drum jam happens

Vartha

There's ALOT to eat at Bristol!
  The Garlic Mushrooms are GREAT, I buy a quart for home every visit!
  Vegetable Tempora is nice
  Calazone spinach or sausage

wildthingjew

lady renee those bangers are meat, they are pork brats with portabella and swiss

Vartha

I just wish Bristol sold Scotch Eggs like Minn Fest does. The Dirt Duck Inn had them for employees one year, but, that was it.

tigrlily64

Broccoli cheese soup in a bowl, fried cheese balls, cheesecake on a stick...And so much more I haven't tried.  Like the tempura!  Gotta look for that.

Vartha

AW MAN I forgot the Bread bowl soup!!!

Dayna

Veggie Tempura is on the far right not far past Blackfriars tavern.  And, there is a bakery that sells yummy treats as well as sells breads and etc. baked fresh that day.  They also sell lovely fruity things called pippins with ice cream.

Fish and Chips, Artichokes with drawn butter, grilled dead beast, and the perfect faire food, cinnamon roasted and sugared almonds.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Renee Buchanan

My husband, son -- who came with us to faire for the first time in 3 years -- and I ate the portobello & cheese banger.  Even me, who doesn't eat meat!

It was really, really good.  Get it with everything on it.  In the vicinity of the Fountain Stage and the Town Square Pub, sort of near the entrance.  I think it's next to a garlic mushroom stand.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 07, 2008, 05:55:47 PM
My husband, son -- who came with us to faire for the first time in 3 years -- and I ate the portobello & cheese banger.  Even me, who doesn't eat meat!

It was really, really good.  Get it with everything on it.  In the vicinity of the Fountain Stage and the Town Square Pub, sort of near the entrance.  I think it's next to a garlic mushroom stand.

See?  SEE?  It's just that good!   ;D

Whistler Fred

The garlic mushrooms are a favorite of mine.  So are the butterfly potato chips and the corn-on-the-cob.  And there's so many good things at the bakeries that I can't even begin to list them!
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson