News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

3D Bristol

Started by Vartha, July 04, 2008, 02:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartha

Thanks for the link Dinobabe!
  Those pics help alot. My best Friend Murph, who worked at Rainbow Rocks next to the old Mac's Canes says he's sorry to hear about Don as well.
  Like I've said, I'm trying to both old and new shops for this 3D Bristol, I'm not sure if I should use the old shops with the entire 3D Bristol when it's finished. I do want to pay tribute to those old shops we all remember.

Vartha

Yeah I'm running a Atholon 2200, (pentium 3.5) with SD ram.  I have a newer Dell with a liquid cooled pentium 4, but, no ram for it. So I'm stuck building the shops and having the Specs done at least until I can get the right ram for the Dell.

Vartha

Well it's a Dell Optiplex gx280 case and motherboard that's all I got for it.
  My Graphix card's a Nvida Geoforce fx 5500, 256mb DDR with vga, S-video out so I can basically transfer all the hardware to the Dell, I just need to ram for it and I can't afford it SO I'm stuck using Sketch-up until then.

majikboxman

I have a buddy that does alot of work on Dells.  He gets spare DDR now and then when someone buys a new Dell system and has his company set it up.  I'll put a word into him and see if he might have a-couple DDR brothers.   
This Space For Rent

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, all the stuff is coming along great Vartha.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Vartha

Quote from: majikboxman on January 23, 2009, 07:34:40 PM
I have a buddy that does alot of work on Dells.  He gets spare DDR now and then when someone buys a new Dell system and has his company set it up.  I'll put a word into him and see if he might have a-couple DDR brothers.   

Cool, THANKS Majikbox! Let me know if he does and for how much, I can't afford any right now tho.

Vartha

Quote from: sir clisto on January 23, 2009, 07:40:34 PM
Yes, all the stuff is coming along great Vartha.

Thanks Clisto!
   Started the Wizard's Chamber, but because of work I haven't touched it all week, and I work again in about an hour.

Vartha

Dinobabe just letting you know I AM working on your Grand parent's shop, been kind of busy with work and hardly enough time to use the computor. Wish I had a laptop.

Dinobabe

Cool, cool, cool!  Can't wait to see it!  ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Vartha

Well Dinobabe, here's what I have so far, Need you to call me, I'm having problems with the back rooms.

like where the door to the bedroom/kitchen is and that.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Vartha on March 14, 2009, 11:09:06 AM
Well Dinobabe, here's what I have so far, Need you to call me, I'm having problems with the back rooms.

like where the door to the bedroom/kitchen is and that.

Wow!  I don't know what else to say!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Vartha

heh Glad you like it, Here's more of an update. I'll get to the back rooms here soon only you'll see them, unless you don't mind everyone seeing them.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Vartha on March 17, 2009, 11:24:06 AM
heh Glad you like it, Here's more of an update. I'll get to the back rooms here soon only you'll see them, unless you don't mind everyone seeing them.

I don't mind, I think your work is wonderful!  Though it is a bit weird showing off the private sides of the shop (port-o-privy and all!).  Everyone else with a shop probably feels the same way!  :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Vartha

heh yeah, IF I ever get these into some virtual world those "blue rooms" would be in it. lol

Vartha

This is waht I was working on before I did the Wizard's Chamber.

Cotswold Commons. I still need to add tables, trees and grass.